I think it is time for me to move on.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I think it is time for me to move on from my job. I have been at my job now for over a year. I still make peanuts compared to others in my field. I will not be getting a raise. My boss’ claim that everyone is under paid including them. I have been too afraid to ask others what they are making. I will start looking or a new job ASAP and hopefully I will find something that will pay me what I am worth. I was informed no one will get raises this year with as much work as we have right now I am finding this hard to believe. I am extremely frustrated and have turned down other jobs thinking this was the job or me and that I would compensated appropriately, but that appears to be a pipe dream and they will continue the status quos. So I am looking or a new job (keeping this one until something better comes along.)

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Not a wise move, especially in today's economy. I suggest until you have a firm offer from another company that you stay put in your present job. At least you'll be keeping a roof over your head and the bills paid. Until then, don't do anything foolish.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
Not a wise move, especially in today's economy. I suggest until you have a firm offer from another company that you stay put in your present job. At least you'll be keeping a roof over your head and the bills paid. Until then, don't do anything foolish.
Reread his last sentence.

RVTIDER

Hall of Fame
Oct 29, 2004
Tuscaloosa, Al.
You disappoint me Ex, I thought this was another goodbye thread. Word of advice, because I know this for a fact, you gotta get happy before anything else in your life makes you happy. If you NEED more money then go look for a better job. If you just want more money, well, think about it. Good luck

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
not quitting. just looking for something better until i have the offer i am not going anywhere.

the kicker for me was about an hour ago. i got informed of a Friday deadline with no direction whatsoever. i don't even know what they want and nobody seems to know. i will be working long hours to get this done and no overtime pay (since i am on salary).

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
You disappoint me Ex, I thought this was another goodbye thread. Word of advice, because I know this for a fact, you gotta get happy before anything else in your life makes you happy. If you NEED more money then go look for a better job. If you just want more money, well, think about it. Good luck
the title was just or you. i knew it was a teaser.

G-VilleTider

Suspended
Aug 17, 2006
My sister has been the assistant manager at her job for a couple of years and was getting discouraged. A few months ago, she applied for a new job that she thought she would really love in a different state. She didn't get it and was pretty down for awhile. Then 3 weeks ago, a big wig in her company from a different office asked her to come and interview for a managerial position at their main office. They paid for everything, travel, nice hotel ect. and after a few interviews, they called her on her way out of town and offered her the position. If she had been offered the job that she wanted a few months ago, she would have accepted it and would never have been offered this new position which is even better! The point I am trying to make, is try to keep your head up cause you never know how something that seems like rotton luck at the time can sometimes turn out to be the best thing for ya. (attempt at motivation over now) :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.