Link: Former Auburn RB Mike Dyer testifies his gun was used in alleged robbery

Capt. Jack

Suspended
Jun 20, 2006
Wow. Dyer was smoking dope and illegally possessing a firearm (since he didn't turn 21 until October of 2011) while at Auburn . I'm shocked... The Christian/family fascade is crumbling.

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
Wow. Dyer was smoking dope and illegally possessing a firearm (since he didn't turn 21 until October of 2011) while at Auburn . I'm shocked... The Christian/family fascade is crumbling.
What baffles me is that he knowlingly gave a gun to someone to committ a felony and no charges were filed against him.

bamahippie

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2000
Cullman, AL
All prospects and parents of prospects that are looking at Auburn as a potential choice for Football, please click the link and read. And then follow the proceedings as they unfold. Most of the guys that were in charge of the program at the time of everything mentioned in the story are, guess what, still in charge. <scratch mark through Auburn on the list>

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
The gun isn't a shocker because of the rumors. The bigger thing IMO is the drug use. The article makes it seem as though spice and marijuana were common throughout the team. I've consistently said that we shouldn't bash other schools for failed drug tests or arrests because we have our share of the same, plus drugs are pretty prominent in college. The thing that gets me is that Goodwin's attorney got Auburn to agree to provide some drug testing information. Have to wonder if she is getting ready to flip this on Auburn and say they should have done better with their drug testing and policy.

Oh, and Dyer's reported actions are just awesome. He sounds like such a humble person. Kristie Malzahn described him correctly.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
The view inside the boog's program is that you know that the aub coaches knew all the details of this case and still allowed Dyer to play. Amazing and sad.
I've been told my multiple people that the Lee County sheriff's office knew who the gun belonged to but didn't make any charges.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Dyer was asked if he preferred grass or artificial turf. He volunteered, "Grass. I ain't never smoked no turf."

OBMS

1st Team
Jan 9, 2011
http://www2.oanow.com/news/2012/apr/11/au-players-admit-smoking-spice-night-crime-ar-3587211/

How would you like to have this guy as your ace character witness?

Dyer, who called Goodwin a good friend, said he tried to discourage the defendant from participating in the robbery.
“To be honest, Antonio wasn’t the type of guy to do that,” Dyer said of his friend, adding the former wide receiver who now plays at Arizona Western College had a good reputation on and off the field.

kayakerjess

All-American
Sep 9, 2005
Colorado
During the second day of testimony in Goodwin’s trial, current AU wide receiver DeAngelo Benton and former AU running back Mike Dyer say Goodwin, Shaun Kitchens and Dakota Mosley discussed the possibility of robbing someonea topic of idle conversation for months — as they watched a Los Angeles Lakers basketball game, drank and smoked synthetic marijuana, also known as spice, at Benton’s Auburn residence with other teammates on March 10, 2011.
Oh, good grief! Topic of idle conversation?!? :eek2:

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.