Missouri's new uniform

lafella

Hall of Fame
Nov 27, 2006
Baldwin County, AL.

Link to Article

It's not Oregon wild but the one to the left isn't what you would typically see in the SEC. Not much need for over the top pay attention to me uniforms needed for the SEC in football IMO.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
The only thing I like about the one on the left is the helmet. I think that's a pretty big improvement over the current ones. Anything in matte black I'm a fan of. Never understood the need for shiny and/or glittery helmets. Never really got the whole idea of a football player wearing glitter.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
If they think a uni will enhance performance, I'd refer them to Georgia blackouts and Penn State whiteouts and innumerable other color-outs, that have failed miserably.

They might give an outmanned team a momentary emotional boost. But get dope-slapped the first time, and your uniform that looks more like a jousting flag than a football suit becomes more a joke than a fashion statement.

If the opponent du jour can't deliver the dope-slap, believe me my SEC brethren, there are others who will.

Last edited:

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
They won't have as many as oregon, but they are going to let Nike do what Nike will do if you give them the latitude to do it. Heard a blurb on the radio the other day. They seem very excited to have Nike taking over their uni's

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I think the helmet on the left is pretty cool looking..I can understand a change..They're starting a new era of Missouri football..Might as well associate the uni change with the new era of football..JMO

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
Other than the one on the right, the other two look clownish to me. Not sure what has brought on the current bright plumage craze in CFB unis, maybe to confuse your enemy by optical distortion (fail). The U. of Maryland's Bozo the Clown outfits last year were the most bizarre I've ever seen on a field.

Whatever the reason, it looks lame IMO, and I'm not a fan of it.

(Wonder how Nike's stock is reacting to the uniform changes. Better check my portfolio on that. On second thought, I may need to change my mind about the whole thing.;))

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Not a fan of any of those, but the one on the far right is tolerable. Old school through and through. At least most of the SEC teams have stayed with the traditional look.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I like them. Look pretty good to me.

Some of you guys take the uniform change to an extreme. I doubt Mizzou feels the change will result in many more wins. Nor, does every school that does a color-out think it's an automatic win. For teams that have done a color-out against non-Alabama teams, they've done well.

TheProcess

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 29, 2007
Cottondale, AL
The new matte black helmet is pretty nice. I think the uni on the left would look a lot better sans shoulder stripes. It reminds me more of a bumblebee than a tiger.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.