Description: This is a lovely cheesecake with a homemade graham cracker crust. You must have a springform
pan and make sure to bake it sitting in a pan of water to prevent cracking.
Serving Size: 16 servings
Time: 45 min prep; 1 hr 25 min bake time
- 1 sleeve graham crackers
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, melted
- 3 8 ounce packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup caramel topping
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wrap foil around outside of bottom half of 9-inch springform pan.
- Crumb graham crackers in food processor.
- In a small bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs with 1 stick melted butter.
- Press crust mixture into bottom of springform pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Reduce oven temp to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer until smooth.
- Beat in 1/2 cup melted butter until creamy.
- Using low speed, gradually beat in sugar, followed by banana, vanilla, caramel and flour.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, until just blended.
- Pour filling on top of crust in springform pan.
- Place springform pan in large roasting pan and add water to bottom of roasting pan until 1 inch
- deep. Add more water halfway through baking time as it steams off.
- Bake 1 hour 20-25 minutes or until edge is set at least 2 inches from pan but center of
- cheesecake still jiggles slightly.
- Cool in pan 20 minutes, then release, but do not yet remove springform.
- Remove springform about 1 hour later, then place cheesecake in fridge.
- When thoroughly cooled, slice and serve.