Buzz Bissinger, author of FNL "College Football should be banned"

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
There are distractions in everyone's everyday life.

Coach Saban calls it "clutter".

Not all athletes can overcome that clutter and focus on what they're supposed to be trying to accomplish.

Not all non-athlete students can overcome the clutter of the fraternity party being planned to focus on a history test.

Not all husbands can overcome the clutter of the pretty secretary to focus on being loyal to their wives.

So let's ban football, fraternity parties and marriage. That'll be the start to a good "what to ban" list.

I think this guy's either an ignoramus about real life or a true genius about promotion who is seeking publicity for a book that is soon to come out.

The screenplay will be about a great athlete who gets hurt in his senior year and flops in life because he never focused on his education.

The convicted party will be the game he played which, coincidentally will be college football.

Trust me. I'm in this business and it's as see through as nice clean window.

This guy cares nothing about anything but an upcoming book that he hopes will make him millions. Period.

sip

Last edited:

GulfCoastTider

Hall of Fame
Everything you need to know about this idiot is right here:

"But I still think you have the fundamental problem of sports...It's all about winning."

And right here, in his WSJ rant:

“I would much prefer students going to college to learn and be prepared for the rigors of the new economic order.”

Learn and be prepared means being indoctrinated.

New economic order means all that hopenchangey stuff.

His ideas have nothing to do with sports or amateurism. It's all about ideology.

He hates this country and he hates the competitive spirit that drives Americans to succeed every day.

Dallas4Bama

Suspended
Sep 27, 2006
Dallas, Texas
Here's the problem college football faces. There have always been people who thought the sport should be pulled for one reason or another. Whether its guys who don't like real world competition like the don't keep score people, to the money is wasted that could fo to education crowd. There has also always been the group that said the sport is too rough. Now all these groups are still out there pushing and the sport is too violent crowd is growing. There are front office NFL people openly asking if the reward is worth the risk to the body and brain. As I was having dinner out this evening I could see a tv with the closed caption on. They were discussing the "concussion crisis" as they called it. Someone made the comment that the future if the sport is in jeopardy because as more and more info on head trauma is released parents will reconsider allowing their children to play. Now if that doesn't plant the idea in some peoples heads I don't know what would. The sport is being attacked and we need to recognize it and be ready.

The deaths of Duerson and Seau are flaming the fires. The question is what will the game look like when the fire gets through sweeping across it? I hope its the game we love and enjoy today.

I would be interested in any input from our medical staff where they stand on this. Right now everything is being twisted into a narrative that football kills you. Staci, care to give us some professional insight?

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.