Coach Bryant Has A Message For Us All

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
My dad died when I was 16 , so my mom and I were very close . My mom passed away 15 years ago and I miss her every day .
Thanks for posting .
Dad died three years ago. Mom's still as feisty as ever but she misses him badly. I'll call her and we'll have a good long talk tomorrow.
Happy Mother's Day to everybody's Mom! sip

banjeaux

All-American
Jun 6, 2007
Slidell, Louisiana
I posted that clip on Facebook yesterday. Like Coach Bryant, I sure wish I could call mine (27 years gone this month).
It must be in the ether, because I posted that link 6 hours ago, as I remembered my mother and Coach Bryant's commercial. Indeed, I wish that I could call my mother. :-(

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I'll see my Mom tomorrow and will give her an extra hug for all here who couldn't give one to theirs....

She's a big Gator fan but has a large enough heart to enjoy Bama football and it's fans, just like her son...:wink:

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
Lost both of my parents in 2002, Dad in February and Mom in June. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of them.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Even though my mum died in 2000, I still miss her tremendously. However, I do have amazing memories of our time together. One of my last memories of being together was when we were down in Florida together and went browsing in a greeting card shop. It seemed that everyone of their cards made us chuckle loudly, so loudly that we got some quirky looks from the other customers. Great times.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
I read or heard way back when that commercial came out that Coach Bryant added the last part, "I sure wish I could call mine." (Don't know for sure if this is true.)
Yes he adlib the line, at one time it was the most watch tv commerical of all time in Alabama. I talked to mine yesterday.... I remember watching it live and it still brings goosebumps.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.