Women's golf leads NCAA after first round

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
he Alabama women's golf team has the first-round lead at the 2012 NCAA Women's Golf Championships at 2-under-par 286 on the par-72, 6,377-yard North Course at the Vanderbilt Legends Club. "It was a nice start to the tournament," Alabama head coach Mic Potter said. "You can lose today, but you can't win. You have to keep yourself in position. I like the fact that we played late today and early tomorrow, and we can come back and keep our momentum going.
"It is all about positioning right now - there is a lot of golf to be played. It is as much endurance, patience and staying calm as it is anything."
In the team race, Virginia is second place at even-par 288, after an incorrect scorecard cost the Cavaliers six shots almost three hours after they completed their round. Duke is in third at 1-over 289 with North Carolina fourth (292) and Arizona State and UCLA tied for fifth at 5-over 293.
http://www.rolltide.com/sports/w-golf/recaps/052212aaa.html

Great job by the lady linksters. The men's golf is next week (I think) and we should be one of the favorites in that tournament. With those and softball, we could have as many as five national championships for the year.

Elsewhere in the SEC, Florida won the NCAA women's tennis crown. They also won men's indoor track. So with those two, Kentucky basketball and our football and women's gymnastics, the SEC already has fie national championships in the bag this year. With the golfs, baseball, softball and outdoor track, the league could win as many as 11 national titles overall.

SEC!!! SEC!!! SEC!!!

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
The second round is in the books and we have an eleven stroke lead over UCLA, Virginia and North Carolina. Brooke Pancake (I just love her name) leads the individual race by two strokes. Stephanie Meadow is sixth, four strokes back.

Clubfitter

Hall of Fame
Feb 21, 2009
Meridianville, Al
www.amtrustwebsite.com
The second round is in the books and we have an eleven stroke lead over UCLA, Virginia and North Carolina. Brooke Pancake (I just love her name) leads the individual race by two strokes. Stephanie Meadow is sixth, four strokes back.

http://www.rolltide.com/sports/w-golf/recaps/052312aaa.html

2 more rounds to go. It's golf, anything can happen. But I like our chances. Hope the girls can maintain their focus and finish this thing. RTR

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
Alabama finished +18 today :O

Only up by 2 after 3 rounds. Looks like it's a two team race between us and USC, the rest of the teams near the top of the leaderboard are due for a reality check tomorrow.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
They must have really fallen apart the last few holes, they were up by about 15 at one point.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Several of the girls had a couple bad holes(boggies and double boggies) on the back nine. Bama is still leading...tomorrow will be a shoot-out. Look for Bama to come through for the victory. Roll Tide.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
Birdie on the first by McKim, great start considering she's posted the highest scores of any team member so far this week.

BTW, this is the most I've ever follow a women's golf tournament. The UofA just does something to me. I'm compelled to watch anything we do.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Birdie on the first by McKim, great start considering she's posted the highest scores of any team member so far this week.

BTW, this is the most I've ever follow a women's golf tournament. The UofA just does something to me. I'm compelled to watch anything we do.
The closest I have ever followed a woman's golf tournament also. Today could be very exciting!

Last edited:

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Bama had fell to second, now back in first with 4 to 6 holes to go. Southern Cal is one stroke behind.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Bama now up by 4 strokes with 1 to 4 holes to play. USC and LSU are now tied fo second. LSU is in the clubhouse. Very exciting! Lets finish strong Bama!

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Bama winning by 4 strokes....just a couple holes to play...getting close...beginning to sense it

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.