Question: Egg substitutes

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Yesterday was Mrs. Reb's birthday and like every birthday of hers, I'm baking her a cake. Since her birthday was on Friday this year she gets to have a "birth-weekend" in which we're celebrating her birth for the entire weekend. The big party is on Sunday and she doesn't want her cake before that. So guess who's baking a cake on Sunday morning?
One predicament I've had for years in preparing dishes and meals for her is that she's allergic to eggs. She loves the smell of cooked eggs, but has a severe reaction if she ever eats one.
I've tried using bananas instead of eggs, especially in cakes, and have had mixed results. So in baking her cake this year, I'm going to try something a little different. I've heard that a combination of milled flax seed and water make a good substitute but would like to hear from others on this.
Also, does anyone have any other suggestions as to what I could use as a suitable egg substitute.
Thanks

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.