Softball CWS: Oklahoma vs Alabama Game 1

Crimson Speed

All-American
Oct 2, 2005
The Shoals, North West Alabama
I also noticed the favoritism toward OK and especially Ricketts. It was obvious which team they were rooting for. Oh well, I suppose you have to earn the respect with a championship before they start showing any love. I will say, Ricketts can bring the smoke; that gal is so tough. I have my doubts that we can beat her unless she has an off night, but I am wishing the best for the Tide.
I complained to ESPN about the biased commentary by Beth Mullins, et al, prior to the championship game. I particularly noted the lovefest with the Pac12 and the crush on Ricketts. It may have worked as I found the commentary during the 1st game of the championship to be fair and balanced. It is rotten that the ladies didn't figure out Ricketts' pitches, but they live to fight another day. Good luck tonight!

lafella

Hall of Fame
Nov 27, 2006
Baldwin County, AL.
I also noticed the favoritism toward OK and especially Ricketts. It was obvious which team they were rooting for. Oh well, I suppose you have to earn the respect with a championship before they start showing any love. I will say, Ricketts can bring the smoke; that gal is so tough. I have my doubts that we can beat her unless she has an off night, but I am wishing the best for the Tide.
Oh I picked up on it several times.. especially towards the end of the game comment about Oklahoma "giving" Alabama the 8 runs.. funny I don't remember them walking 8 people in pretty sure they came in on hits.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
Oh I picked up on it several times.. especially towards the end of the game comment about Oklahoma "giving" Alabama the 8 runs.. funny I don't remember them walking 8 people in pretty sure they came in on hits.
The comment about OU "giving" Bama 8 runs was totally unprofessional and uncalled for. Interesting that they didn't come back and say that Bama "gave" OU 5 runs in the seventh.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
The comment about OU "giving" Bama 8 runs was totally unprofessional and uncalled for. Interesting that they didn't come back and say that Bama "gave" OU 5 runs in the seventh.
Agreed. The announcers are terrible. Couldn't believe the "giving" comment either..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.