Softball championship game Tonight 7PM central. ESPN

b2v4ua

All-SEC
Dec 12, 2009
Springville,Al
Roll Tide to the J Train and the Bama Softball Team. They continued the winning tradition that we are known for. I'm just as proud of these girls for winning a NC as I was for the football team.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I hate that I missed this. It was just too late and I had to get some sleep because of work today.

I tell you there is just a tenacity about this team. To me that was always the missing ingredient. Those girls never, ever quit believing. And I have to say... after April of last year, all that has taken place since then. You know it's a great thing for Tuscaloosa.

Roll Tide!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I've had Aubs try to discredit the championship. "I haven't seen Bama fans talk about softball until the playoffs. Didn't care before then. Why care now?" Or "Y'all won 4 national championships but 3 are in sports nobody cares about."

Jealousy causes some of the best comments.

Tide Rev

All-American
Mar 22, 2000
Ocean Springs, MS
I've had Aubs try to discredit the championship. "I haven't seen Bama fans talk about softball until the playoffs. Didn't care before then. Why care now?" Or "Y'all won 4 national championships but 3 are in sports nobody cares about."

This kind of stuff is the reason we are different from the Barners. It is in sports they don't care about but at Bama, we care about NC's in any sport. That my friends is why traditions matter and not simply rolling TP on some trees. This is what I would expect from them.

The Bama ladies in all 3 sports that won NC's did an excellent job this year! That is why we use words like "pluck, grit, hit your stride, etc..."

ROLL TIDE!

Crimson Speed

All-American
Oct 2, 2005
The Shoals, North West Alabama
This is a great accomplishment for our softball program as well as the entire university. These girls just refused to give up, even when down by three runs. They kept their head in the game and kept focusing on the objective. I love it.
As I see it, Ricketts had the goods on us until the rain started and she completely lost control and composure. But, she was not alone, other OK players had their misques as well during the forth inning. One certain thing; both teams had to deal with with the rain, not just OK.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
This kind of stuff is the reason we are different from the Barners. It is in sports they don't care about but at Bama, we care about NC's in any sport. That my friends is why traditions matter and not simply rolling TP on some trees. This is what I would expect from them.

The Bama ladies in all 3 sports that won NC's did an excellent job this year! That is why we use words like "pluck, grit, hit your stride, etc..."

ROLL TIDE!
I used to post on another sports message board where one poster had a screen name with the Barn in it. The board was dedicated to the Braves, but it had a non-Braves section. anyway, this was during Tubby's glory years and he was always crowing about the streak and starting threads about there wins over us. Once, I started a thread after a gymnastics meet mentioning how long our streak was. He responded that he could talk about swimming if he wanted to, but those sports weren't important. I told him he needed to change his name to AubiefootballandMen'sBasketballFan instead of AubieFan since that would better describe his allegiances.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
I used to post on another sports message board where one poster had a screen name with the Barn in it. The board was dedicated to the Braves, but it had a non-Braves section. anyway, this was during Tubby's glory years and he was always crowing about the streak and starting threads about there wins over us. Once, I started a thread after a gymnastics meet mentioning how long our streak was. He responded that he could talk about swimming if he wanted to, but those sports weren't important. I told him he needed to change his name to AubiefootballandMen'sBasketballFan instead of AubieFan since that would better describe his allegiances.
That's not a fan. That's just a 'hanger-on'.

BamaRevT

1st Team
Apr 10, 2002
Fayetteville, Tn.
Can't begin to tell this softball team how proud we are of them. What tenacity, determination, and grit to play the way these ladies have played. It couldn't have scripted better for the J Train on the way the game ended. Rickett's homerun earlier in the game was a shot indeed; but for Jackie to strike Kaloni out, frozen like a popsickle was priceless!! ROLL TIDE!!

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
Wow, I finally watched the replay of the game. I wonder how close that OU coach was to getting the game called? Yes, called as in over. The announcers were talking like it was a very real possibility. That just wouldn't ever be right to end a championship game early.

The thing that got me was it seemed the delay was strictly because of Ricketts and what type pitcher she is. Unbelievable! Coach Murphy had the best point in all of it. If the rain was that bad then why wasn't the tarp out?

Here's to the girls to using the whining and the rain to their advantage! Roll Tide! I'm so proud of all they accomplished.

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
Way to go, girls. I am really proud of this team. I was only able to see them in one game in person this year in Athens. This championship series shows just how tough these girls have been all season. Great for the University of Alabama and the SEC as well.

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
I was able to see them back in 2001 when the team came up and played at West Point, NY. That was awesome I met coach Murphy the night before and the next afternoon of the doubleheader vs Albany. I was not able to see them when they played at Fordham last month.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

BamaHoHo

All-American
Aug 7, 2007
Coaling, Alabama, United States
Wow, I finally watched the replay of the game. I wonder how close that OU coach was to getting the game called? Yes, called as in over. The announcers were talking like it was a very real possibility. That just wouldn't ever be right to end a championship game early.

The thing that got me was it seemed the delay was strictly because of Ricketts and what type pitcher she is. Unbelievable! Coach Murphy had the best point in all of it. If the rain was that bad then why wasn't the tarp out?

Here's to the girls to using the whining and the rain to their advantage! Roll Tide! I'm so proud of all they accomplished.
You would have to complete 5 inning before that could happen. She wanted to postpone the game.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA

Barner needs to check the attendance for Rhoads Statdium before he claims Bama fans don't care.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.