Softball championship game Tonight 7PM central. ESPN

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

bama_fan01

Hall of Fame
Aug 25, 2003
Ranburne, AL, USA
5 outs...4 by strikeout...Ricketts is amazing...need to get the bats going! Put the ball in play and let them make mistakes in the field.

Now 5 of 6.....

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
I was worried about the rest factor. She only played about half the game last night, while Traina battled through all of it.
Yep, this was my fear after Ricketts struggled last night. I was afraid the rest and extra motivation would all play in her favor. So far, so right.:(

Silly question but is Traina our only pitcher? Does she pitch every game?

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Yep, this was my fear after Ricketts struggled last night. I was afraid the rest and extra motivation would all play in her favor. So far, so right.:(

Apparently so. I was surprised she stayed in the entire game last night, with such a commanding lead. Looks like it's haunting us a bit right now. :(

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
My mom has asked that question many times this week. I'm not sure who is behind her. I've noticed that softball teams continue to use their stud pitcher, though.

bama_fan01

Hall of Fame
Aug 25, 2003
Ranburne, AL, USA
My mom has asked that question many times this week. I'm not sure who is behind her. I've noticed that softball teams continue to use their stud pitcher, though.
Bama has one other pitcher that I know of, but they haven't used her that much. Pitching in softball is easier on the shoulder and arm than pitching a baseball, so they tend to use them as much as possible.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Bama has got to play small ball in order to beat Ricketts.

And it seems the girls do not have the same intensity or emotion as last night, which is understandable after the rain delay.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.