Rice Krispies Treats

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
BamaLuver said:
I say buy a box of the little treats on the cereal aisle, and I promise they'll come out just right! :)
Thas whar, I say thas whar I get mine. Pay attention. Mine, I says mine, comes out purfeckt every time I open a box.

TideBeliever

1st Team
Mar 26, 2003
Huntsville, AL USA
Chocolate Krispie Cookies

1 cup margarine or butter
1 cup white sugar
1 cup light brown sugar
2 tsps. vanilla
2 eggs
21/2 cups regular flour
1 tspn. baking powder
1 tspn. baking soda
1 tspn. salt
2 cups chocolate chips
4 cups rice krispies

Cream margarine/butter and both sugars in a bowl until fluffy.
Add vanilla and eggs and beat for 5 minutes.
Sift flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda into mixture and mix well.
Stir in chocolate chips and rice krispies.
Drop by tspns. onto non-stick cookie sheet.
Bake at 375 degrees for 9-10 minutes.
or
Drop by Tblsps. onto non-stick cookie sheet.
Bake at 375 degrees for 12-13 minutes.
Cool on wire rack.
NOTE: Allow to completely cool before eating!

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
bayoutider said:
Thas whar, I say thas whar I get mine. Pay attention. Mine, I says mine, comes out purfeckt every time I open a box.
Oh my... these Earthlings are buying the pre-packaged snacks that have been decimated by a plethora of preservatives. I can save them by destroying those packs with my phasor gun.

OOooooohaaaaaawayyyyyyaaaewwwwwwweeee Waccccakkkkk!!! Treats! ooooowwwwwaaaaaaauuuuuuuoooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrwwwwwuhhhh!!!

But seriously, I've never been a fan of the store-bought krispies treats. They just don't taste as good. They don't even taste as good as MY unevenly-mixed mistake.

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
IH8Orange said:
Oh my... these Earthlings are buying the pre-packaged snacks that have been decimated by a plethora of preservatives. I can save them by destroying those packs with my phasor gun.

OOooooohaaaaaawayyyyyyaaaewwwwwwweeee Waccccakkkkk!!! Treats! ooooowwwwwaaaaaaauuuuuuuoooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrwwwwwuhhhh!!!

But seriously, I've never been a fan of the store-bought krispies treats. They just don't taste as good. They don't even taste as good as MY unevenly-mixed mistake.

Hehe, we have got pretty far off the Rice Krispy treats subject but I do love Looney Tunes. I collect Looney tunes cartoons on any media format, VHS, Lazer Disc, DVD, and for many years at Christmas we have put up our Cartoon Tree that is covered with Cartoon figures from Hallmark etc.

BamaArrived2006

All-American
Apr 2, 2003
Marietta, Georgia
bayoutider said:
Hehe, we have got pretty far off the Rice Krispy treats subject but I do love Looney Tunes. I collect Looney tunes cartoons on any media format, VHS, Lazer Disc, DVD, and for many years at Christmas we have put up our Cartoon Tree that is covered with Cartoon figures from Hallmark etc.
I would make fun of Bayou again but I'll hold back for now, because I don't want the punting boot to get strapped on...lol...but orange those were some very good impersonations!!!

:biga2:

CnW

1st Team
Oct 13, 1999
Would using marshmallow creme do better for consistency than marshmallows?
I've never made them I don't think.

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
CnW said:
Would using marshmallow creme do better for consistency than marshmallows?
I've never made them I don't think.
I've wondered about that too. I'm not sure of the equivalent amount of marshmallow creme per marshmallow.

I think that my main problem was the way that I mixed the cereal and marshmallow mixture. I probably need to mix in a bit of cereal at a time, making sure that the cereal is evenly mixed before adding any more.

CnW

1st Team
Oct 13, 1999
IH8Orange said:
I've wondered about that too. I'm not sure of the equivalent amount of marshmallow creme per marshmallow.

I think that my main problem was the way that I mixed the cereal and marshmallow mixture. I probably need to mix in a bit of cereal at a time, making sure that the cereal is evenly mixed before adding any more.
Here you go:

You can substitute one 7 oz. jar of marshmallow creme in place of one 10 oz. package regular marshmallows.

or

MARSHMALLOW TREATS

5 c. Rice Krispies
1/4 c. butter
7 oz. jar marshmallow creme
Melt butter in 3 quart saucepan. Add marshmallow creme and cook over low heat, stirring constantly until marshmallow creme and butter are well blended. Remove from heat. Add Rice Krispies and stir until well coated with mixture.

Press warm marshmallow treat mixture lightly into a buttered 13 x 9 inch pan. Cut into squares when cool. Yield 24 (2 inch) squares.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.