Breaking News: Penn State Will Remove Joe Paterno Statue

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Wouldn't covering it up instead of tearing it down be more fitting?

That would be a fitting response you know like in covering up what really happened, but you'd need 24/7 security to prevent vandalism. Take it away and hide it at least until the dust settles and 50 years of reflection on what really happened.

A society that will probably become even more decadent will probably bring it back in the distant future.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Will TideFans ever forgive NYBF? Just askin'.
The chances are zero. I don't know of any single member who was given more "second chances" or who made more empty promises of reform. As for punishing the players, it's inevitable. Whatever action is taken will have the effect of punishing the players as collateral damages. If the primary object was never to punish players, then no sanctions would ever be levied...

Bad Pony

All-American
Nov 14, 1999
Pelham
I can't agree. The logical conclusion is that the overwhelming impetus behind the coverup was maintaining PSU football prestige and Paterno building his win total. He richly deserves both the wins and the unofficial title of "winningest coach" taken. In fact, I was the first one to suggest on these pages that it should be part of the sanctions...

Let's not forget paterno broke CPB's win total in the fall of 2001. You can't convince me the PSU powers that be didn't have that in the back of their minds when they elected to cover-up the 2001 incident.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I think it will be locked away somewhere and will never be seen again. I can't imagine why anyone would think it should be put back out.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
And then Lee Corso said, "Not so fast mah friend..."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/c...emand-return-paterno-statue-article-1.2700047

A group that includes 212 former players and eight members of Paterno’s coaching staff — ranging from the 1950s when Paterno was an assistant coach all the way up to his last years at the helm of the program — wrote a letter to current Penn State president Eric Barron and the school’s board of trustees on Tuesday detailing their demands.

The players not only want the statue, which stood in front of their home stadium for just over a decade before being taken down in 2012 amidst the Jerry Sandusky sex abuse case, to be returned, but also want an apology issued to Paterno’s widow, Sue, who has consistently vowed to clear her husband’s name from the scandal that turned the sports world upside-down

A group that includes 212 former players and eight members of Paterno’s coaching staff — ranging from the 1950s when Paterno was an assistant coach all the way up to his last years at the helm of the program — wrote a letter to current Penn State president Eric Barron and the school’s board of trustees on Tuesday detailing their demands.

The players not only want the statue, which stood in front of their home stadium for just over a decade before being taken down in 2012 amidst the Jerry Sandusky sex abuse case, to be returned, but also want an apology issued to Paterno’s widow, Sue, who has consistently vowed to clear her husband’s name from the scandal that turned the sports world upside-down

====================

If these jackweeds would have been as interested in preventing the abuse of children as they are of restoring the sainthood of an enabler, I'd think a whole lot more of them.

What a group of tards.

I think I'm gonna be sick. APOLOGY??????

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
And then Lee Corso said, "Not so fast mah friend..."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/c...emand-return-paterno-statue-article-1.2700047

====================

If these jackweeds would have been as interested in preventing the abuse of children as they are of restoring the sainthood of an enabler, I'd think a whole lot more of them.

What a group of tards.

I think I'm gonna be sick. APOLOGY??????
There is a sick, cultish, perverted culture at that place

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
And I thought my opinion of Penn State had bottomed out back in 2012.

These players and coaches making their demand...they should be told their names will have an asterisk next to it in the Penn State record books signifying they chose to further dishonor the school by backing a pedophile enabler.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
People still stand up for Michael Jackson to. Never mind that a child knew intimate details about him, let's forget his stash of deviant (and child related) material. He made songs people like so people pretend he didn't molest children. Same for Paterno. Sure he covered up for a pedophile, but like Penn State football did really well under him and that's all that matters right?

Fact is I have to bite my tongue to keep from saying something to people I see wearing Penn State shirts...

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
I think Joe Pa was definitely culpable for his actions. I truly believe he was aware of events involving his coach and friend for many years. By not acting on the information, he was culpable for later sexual abuse events. The NCAA were wrong in giving him back those wins -- I mean Coach "lost" a number of wins over text books and Joe Pa gets all of his back. The statue should not see light of day again as the man was a disgrace and responsible for all sexual abuse occurrences after he knew or should have known what was going on. Harsh condemnation maybe, but there are a heck of a lot of things more important than sports.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.