How do I get a certified copy of my driver's license?

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
I am applying for a replacement SS card, and it says I need a certified copy from the issuing agency. How in the world do I get a certified copy of my license?

I may not ever need my SS card, but I was in line at the DMV, and a lady had to have hers for some reason (she did not so back she will have to come). I want to make sure I have mine in case I ever need it.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I am applying for a replacement SS card, and it says I need a certified copy from the issuing agency. How in the world do I get a certified copy of my license?

I may not ever need my SS card, but I was in line at the DMV, and a lady had to have hers for some reason (she did not so back she will have to come). I want to make sure I have mine in case I ever need it.
I thought it was a certified copy of your birth certificate you needed for a SS Card -- you sure you didn't read that wrong?

For that you have to go to your Dept of Health/Hospitals....

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I would think the one you were given is your "certified" copy. To make sure, call Alabama Department of Public Safety Drivers License Division at (334) 242-4400.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
I agree with CajunCrimson. I think you need a certified copy of your birth certificate. Health Dept. first place to start.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
For your birth certificate, write to the Department of Vital Statistics of the state where you were born.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
I didn't read it wrong. A certified copy of a birth certificate may work, but I went with the first one listed.

Correction: birth certificate isn't a form of identification.

Last edited:

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
That's interesting. Birth certificate is not even listed.!:confused: I went to Al. Dept. Of Public Safety, didn't see anything about certified driver's license. I have a feeling you sharp enough to really not need us.;) But old folks like me and Crimson1967 enjoy helping young ladies. So keep the questions coming;)
Aw. That is sweet. :) I really do appreciate the help and humor.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.