Poll: Which SEC West coaches will not be here in 2013?

Which coach will not be at his current school in 2013?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
2015 at the latest, Mullen to Florida and Petrino to Auburn.
I expect to see Petrino back in coaching sometime in the near future. He's too good a coach for someone not to hire him. I just don't see him wanting to be anywhere near the SEC with the baggage he's carrying.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
Two or four legged variety? ;)

Seriously, I think Cheezy's future may well depend on how we do this season. If we repeat, there could be widespread panic in hooterville. Especially if we take them behind the woodshed again.

A woodshed job might be enough by itself considering how paranoid those clods are about all things Bama.
I just love your post TommyMac, I sure hope all is well with you.

Cheesie is gone they have wanted Petrino all along, can't mess this one up, they think hecan best Bama.
we will see that what makes it fun.

Now you take good care of yourself my friend & RTR.

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
I find in myself in a conundrum: on one hand I love whipping the university of auburn embarrassingly. OTOH would like to keep cheese man around for a while.

But reality says that if we keep the beatings going, he will need to dust off his resume'. I agree petrino would be the heir apparent. Not entirely sure that bobby would maintain the mediocrity.

crimson fan man

Hall of Fame
Aug 12, 2002
Athens Al
I find in myself in a conundrum: on one hand I love whipping the university of auburn embarrassingly. OTOH would like to keep cheese man around for a while.

But reality says that if we keep the beatings going, he will need to dust off his resume'. I agree petrino would be the heir apparent. Not entirely sure that bobby would maintain the mediocrity.
I agree that if the barn hired petrino then they would be a totally different team then they are now. He will be able to recruit top offensive players and he knows how to coach them up.

MBA_99

1st Team
Jan 11, 2010
A, A
Chizik can't go that quickly. He'd tell.

Plus, does anyone know if they could afford a Petrino with their current ticket sales? I'm seeing billboards in BHM begging people to pony up.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I'd love for Mullen to go to LSU or UF, as I'm just not convinced that he's all that as a coach.
This seems to be popular position this preseason with some fans, not a majority though. The biggest gripe is that he has only beaten Ole Miss in the west (beaten east teams), preaches lofty expectations, is arrogant and the I believe because of this, the media has helped drive the Glass half Empty opinion that some have.

He is viewed as one of the coaches a tier down from Saban, Miles and Spurier. Seeing how hard is was for Spurrier at SC, I can't see anyone doing much better.

He coaches a dreadfully historic patsy program in the toughest division in the toughest conference and doesn't get to play MSU!
Ed Orgeron cleaned Crooms clock with recruits in state and the program was heading off a cliff when he arrived. He now has depth and better players.
He plays Alabama, Arkansas, LSU and Auburn competitively with far less talent. MSU has lost close games to highly ranked teams, a reversal of breaks is due
3-0 against Rival Ole Miss in Egg Bowl - 2-0 in Bowl Games

2009 - 5-7. 4 point loss to LSU,
2010 - 9-4 Won Gator Bowl
2011 - 7-6 Won Music City Bowl. some losses LSU 9-16, SC 12-14, Auburn 34-41.

rammerjammer69

Scout Team
Apr 28, 2009
I could see the boogs firing Chizik, but it would take a lot. First we would probably need win it all again with us hammering them like 50-0 in BDS. *U would need to completely implode going 4-8 or 5-7. That's unlikely but not impossible. *U has major concerns at QB, OL, DL, LB, & RB. It's tough to beat average teams without a decent QB and unless Frazier has drastically improved as a pocket passer, I don't see them doing much. *U has lost so many kids over the past few years, this may be the year attrition and lack of depth finally bites them. *U has also had a monumental run of luck in '10 and '11, pulling out several games they should have lost and stuff like that tends to even out over time. Figure LA Monroe, Alabama A&M, NM State & Ole Sis are wins, but every other team should have a realistic shot of beating them. If we crush them in BDS as expected along with LSU & UGA doing the same like last year, I could see Dye hitting the panic button and cutting Chizik loose. There's also the possibility of another shooting, armed robbery, drugs, etc. type situation involving players which would give more cover to clean house there. Obviously they have no desire to clean up anything or actually help any of their players, but things could get so bad they have no choice.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
*U has also had a monumental run of luck in '10 and '11, pulling out several games they should have lost and stuff like that tends to even out over time.
Agree, I watched Auburn's most popular Camathon season youtube video from 2010 and it wasn't impressive. They seemed to hammer and run it up on non-conf weak teams and struggled to win a majority of their conference games. Seeing Cam now in the pro's, I think Auburn probably would have barely broke even without him. Auburn is just now getting to discover what type of coach they have.

tidefan23

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2004
Hoover, AL
Cheese will be gone after the 2013 season. He'll have a 7-5 record at best this year, and perform relatively the same in 2013. Without Cam, he's not good.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I was dumbfounded after reading some things that suggested that Mullen was smoke and mirrors or something, then I found the fuel for this, the media. He has angered some media with his injury comments and examples like you posted. Every media person that I follow thinks he is a heck of a coach that will move up when the right job comes open. The idea that he will end up fired at MSU is laughable.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
Boy I wish the media paid as mush attention to the shenagans at API & the Mess at PSU (earlier) as they do this cry baby stuff. He got his whittle feelings hurt.

DO YOUR JOB!

Let the Coach do his.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Nothing against Coach Mullen but I like Coach Muschamp a lot more. I wouldn't mind keeping him for at least another 10 more years...we're rebuilding! :)

Although I think the rebuilding angle is overplayed, it's just his 2nd year. Florida must have been in far worst shape than I thought winning 3 conference games and barely having a winning season, one of the worst season's since Charlie Pell. Muschamp's big hire in Weis was a disaster and he talks more like an 80's SEC coach than a 21st century elite CEO/HC.
I know it was a long season, and the recruiting looks good, let's just hope that he can steer this extremely high pressure/profile ship in the right direction.

I have wondered if Texas kind of let him go. If he was really starting to take the reins a little I believe it would have forced Brown's hand more than it did, which it didn't at all.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I honestly think they're all going to keep their jobs..I think Coach Smith will have a good year at Arkansas & which will tear the Hawg Nation even further apart..Cause he's going to win plenty of supporter as the season goes on..The new saga will be whether or not to keep Coach Smith on as HC..Other than if Coach Mullens, Coach Freeze or Coach Sumlin has better than expected years & gets offered HC'ing jobs at better schools..All the HC's will be back next year..

Last edited:

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I don't understand the Mullen Hatin'. Everyone blamed Florida's downward spiral on Tebow leaving, but it started Tebow's senior season after Mullen left. They had a good record, but their offense was terrible. He is a good coach. solid. If given elite talent at a good pogram, could have really good teams 2 out of 5 years.(11-2, 12-1) and the other years 9-4 , 10-3 or so. probably keep team in top 20 with most years in top 15. Don't know if a championship caliber coach, but didn't think chesedip was either. Only way he leaves Starkvegas in the next 3 years is a better offer

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I don't understand the Mullen Hatin'.
After broad research , just about everyone I respect believes he is one of the better coaches in the country, in the top 10. Some local scorned media and a few bleacher reporters are the detractors.

The Bleacher Report puts out so many articles that some of the views only represent a tiny fraction of the population, but they get indexed by Google, Bing and Yahoo news anyway. Some of the articles are well written but some are boarder-line forum posts. These articles are looked at and absorbed into the mix. I just can't see how an objective journalist could be complaining about MSU's progress.

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
John L. is just a placeholder. Cheesy goes nowhere (yet) - I'm of the school of thought that he's not really the HC right now; why fire him? Mullen could move on if things fall right, but he may have got himself into a grave at MSU - it'll be dang nigh impossible to pull off an impressive enough season from Starkville to warrant sufficient attention from the big boys. Les is fine; the locals here are happy with him. JMHO.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.