LSU press conference, Les announces Tyrann Mathieu off team

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Re: LSU press conference, noon today (Aug 10)

Y'all go educate yourselves on cannabis' effects on dopaminergic and serotonergic activity in the limbic system and signs and symptoms of withdrawal brought about by abrupt cannabis cessation in heavy users, then we'll talk. It's far less addictive than most other substances of abuse, but it's estimated to create physiologic dependency in approximately 20% of heavy users. Moderate or recreational users rarely have problems discontinuing it. It's about individual brain chemistry and pattern and amount of use. Is the average user going to become addicted to cannabis? No, but don't try and sell the "it's not addicting" bit to this psychiatrist.
FTW!!

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003

Now it waits to be seen...

Was he kicked off the team because of something school or effort related (i.e. non-NCAA important)

Or did he get kicked off for chatting it up with a scout... (i.e. ineligible, but if after the end of the season no major impact)

Or did he get kicked off for getting some kind of benefit?

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

"Hammer Norwood"????

Umm dude, that is called swatting the ball when the receiver makes the catch. I am the furthest from a Honey Badger apologist, but this was just good technique from him.
Absolutely and no question about it. I would call that giving great effort with nothing unsportsmanlike at all in his swipe move.

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003

This just in from Auburn:

Alabama planted pot on the Honey Badger to distract the media so we could continue cheating.

Also in the media:

Sales of tin foil sky rocket in Southeastern portion of Alabama

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
NAIA bound?

@BFeldmanCBS: If Tyrann Mathieu became ineligible bc of a 3rd failed drug test, he will not be able to play this yr at another NCAA school.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
Finebomb just reported that the AP voters will be allowed to recast their votes for the preseason poll. Seems like an unusual allowance for a single player.

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
Finebomb just reported that the AP voters will be allowed to recast their votes for the preseason poll. Seems like an unusual allowance for a single player.
Welcome to 2012, where hype can sway the most brainless of voters. (Just look at USC)

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
NAIA bound?

@BFeldmanCBS: If Tyrann Mathieu became ineligible bc of a 3rd failed drug test, he will not be able to play this yr at another NCAA school.
I'm not sure that is correct. I went and looked up the NCAA drug policy. If I read it right, this is only true if it was an NCAA administered test. Test that are administered by the school are subject to the school's policy not the NCAA's.

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/public/NCAA/Health+and+Safety/Drug+Testing/Drug+Testing+Landing+Page

Last edited:

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC
I'm not sure that is correct. I went and looked up the NCAA drug policy. If I read it right, this is only true if it was an NCAA administered test. Test that are administered by the school are subject to the schools policy not the NCAA's.
My understanding is this was because remember he was already suspended for failing a test last year. BUt I have also read it was the school that kicked him out not Miles. FWIW.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.