LSU press conference, Les announces Tyrann Mathieu off team

TidefaninOS

All-SEC
Feb 14, 2009
Ocean Springs, MS
Re: LSU press conference, noon today (Aug 10)

For Miles to get rid of the "Clothes Line King" Tyrann musta been doing a bunch of stuff. I doubt it was just a simple 3-n-out case. The 3 fails were the only things made public.

Well, whatever it was, he broke both school and team rules. Sounds like he was already on a probation of sorts, and got his final strike - no negotiations to be had. Don't think Les had a say in the matter. Bye, Bye, Badger!

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

Now the talking heads are saying "well his childhood was so rough and everyone was pulling for this guy"

Like he's the only one to ever have to live through problems?

kayakerjess

All-American
Sep 9, 2005
Colorado

Ah..........the first notable sign another BCSNCG victim is being processed.

I need to change my mood!
I was just thinking the same thing. It takes mental toughness to shake off that beat down they were handed in their own backyard and bounce back to have a good year this year. I'm not convinced they ever had that roughness, and it's gotta be even more shaky down in Red Stick now that their emotional leader is a goner.

TIDE24

1st Team
Jan 12, 2000
Bartlett, TN

[video]http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=kevin+norwood+honey+badger&view=detail&id=20E1DC19EE477160876067C24DE5F13DF048398F&first=1[/video][video]NORWOOD-CATCH.gif[/video]

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida

Now the talking heads are saying "well his childhood was so rough and everyone was pulling for this guy"

Like he's the only one to ever have to live through problems?
Many of today's football players come from a difficult upbringing. Some of them make mistakes and have to be given second chances. Only a few of them continue to screw up to the point of being dismissed from their team.

Think about it.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

Many of today's football players come from a difficult upbringing. Some of them make mistakes and have to be given second chances. Only a few of them continue to screw up to the point of being dismissed from their team.

Think about it.
That goes for ANYONE IMHO. What gets me is the ones that continue to do those same things get the same excuses from the talking heads. Once is a mistake. Two and three times is not.

JLeodhas

Scout Team
Jul 29, 2012

So long HB, I hope you get your life together.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL

I think it's a shame & I'm sad for the kid, would have Loved to see this New Bama offense show them up with him on the team.

I guess sometimes these kids get so full of themselves with all the hype & attention they think (or don't think at all) that they can get away with almost anything.

If it was drugs there is NoExcuse! If it was academics again No Excuse.

GulfCoastTider

Hall of Fame

Before we start singing Les Miles praises...

Josh Sanchez of NFL Spin Zone says he's learned that Mathieu failed as many as seven substance abuse tests.

That means Miles may have enabled a burgeoning addict without serious consequences or discipline.

As Staci mentions earlier, these kids don't always come from stable homes. If he was that into drug use, it could mean he's trying to escape from something else in his life and football isn't enough of a release.

Miles should have taken much bigger steps much sooner.

rizolltizide

Hall of Fame
Jan 4, 2003
st pete, fl

Before we start singing Les Miles praises...

Josh Sanchez of NFL Spin Zone says he's learned that Mathieu failed as many as seven substance abuse tests.

That means Miles may have enabled a burgeoning addict without serious consequences or discipline.

As Staci mentions earlier, these kids don't always come from stable homes. If he was that into drug use, it could mean he's trying to escape from something else in his life and football isn't enough of a release.

Miles should have taken much bigger steps much sooner.
Or it just means he likes to get high. I'm guessing he just likes to get high.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.