Alabama vs. ATM for 2004 Cotton Bowl

ashleync

Jun 29, 2001
Pelham, Alabama
What an exciting matchup the CPU gave me. First off, I finished the regular season 8-3, and got critical wins over AU and UT. Losses to LSU, Ole Miss, and eventual National Champion South Carolina (see my smoked thread).

Then, for the Cotton Bowl, I get Franphony's Aggies in Dallas. Basically, the opening drive, they scored a long TD on a 77 yard pass that shouldn't have been caught. I could only match in the first Q with a field goal. basically, the game didn't change one bit for the rest of it. We played through 3 Q's, and I trailed 7-3.

They got an organized drive together mid-way through the 4th. Attempted a 35 yard field goal, hooking left. I got the ball back, but my drive stalled with 1:51 left, and all of my timeouts. I stuffed them on three straight, using two timeouts, and got them to punt. Took possession at my own 36, after about 10 yards from Brandon Brooks on the return. With S. Pennington in at QB, we had a rough first three downs, but then, with 26 seconds to go, I launched a pass over the middle to AC Carter!!!! Yess!!!!! He catches the ball at the ATM 27. Next play, with 21 seconds to go, another strike, this time to Matt Caddell, and Bama wins the game 10-7. Roll damn tide!!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.