BBQ - was 'NCAA Probe Targets Memphis Area Football'

rolltide7854

All-American
Aug 20, 2007
Birmingham, Ala
Re: NCAA Probe Targets Memphis Area Football Players by Pat Forde (Auburn-MSU)

Who doesn't trail Birmingham and the Jefferson county area? It is sad how many crooked politicians we have here.

I moved to Collierville (suburb of Memphis) from Birmingham. Please do not judge us too harshly, lest ye be judged. Tennessee public schools are better than Alabama. If you really want to compare cess pools, one needs look no further than Larry Langford and the Birmingham City Council. Even with the "Tennessee Waltz" convictions, Memphis still trails Birmingham in the Fulmer Cup Standings.

The only downside to the area is that they teach Rocky Top to kids in elementary school.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN

Some of the greatest music ever has come from Memphis.
Have to agree on the music. Love the blues. BBQ is pretty good as well. However, the potholes are interrupted by road and it seems that nothing much good comes out of Memphis sports-wise

tidefan39817

All-American
Jan 17, 2006
Bainbridge, Georgia

I disagree with CW on barbeque - good BBQ comes out of Carolina, or no further west than North Alabama/Eastern Tennessee.

Which has as much to do with football as the rest of this thread. :)
i'm sorry but Rudy's in San Antonio will give Dreamland a run for their money..... couldn't decide which one i would want for my last meal...

BamaFossil

All-American
Jun 3, 2008
Williamsburg, VA

Now you people ask yourself this: Has anything good ever really happened in Memphis?
St. Jude Children's Hospital. Beale Street.

I lived in Memphis most of the decade of the 70's. My wife and I made several life-long friends there.

Still, I understand where BET's coming from...

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

i'm sorry but Rudy's in San Antonio will give Dreamland a run for their money..... couldn't decide which one i would want for my last meal...
LOL! I hate to disappoint but if you're using Dreamland (any of the locations) as a measuring stick for good Q then you ain't had good BBQ. Dreamland is nothing more than chain restaurant BBQ. Which is sub par.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama

LOL! I hate to disappoint but if you're using Dreamland (any of the locations) as a measuring stick for good Q then you ain't had good BBQ. Dreamland is nothing more than chain restaurant BBQ. Which is sub par.

Agreed - Dreamland is a shell of its former self. If we didn't all have football and college memories tied up in that place, we'd see it for what it is.

Dallas4Bama

Suspended
Sep 27, 2006
Dallas, Texas
Agreed - Dreamland is a shell of its former self. If we didn't all have football and college memories tied up in that place, we'd see it for what it is.
Had some good times there and a lot of memories, but the ribs have always been just ok in my opinion. I've always preferred Archibalds for ribs. I spent a lot of nights sitting in there at that old counter reading while waiting on a plate. Now I go pick up a few racks when tailgating in T-town, but even they aren't what they were 20 years ago.

Last edited:

Boo Radley

All-SEC
Dec 13, 2003
Domus Dulcis Alabamus

and

and

and

and more recently: http://www.euphonicmasters.com :biggrin:
LOL, you being in Memphis completely escaped my memory. BTW, I was listening to Dan Tyminski's "Wheels" album last week and was compelled to put on "Paper Airplane." You did a killer job on that one. Someday, I'd like to get your opinion on some audio equipment I'm looking at (wanting to get back to analog), and of course I'm always open to anything Alison. :biggrin:

Hamilton

Suspended
Dec 5, 2002
Hamilton
bama.ua.edu
I moved to Collierville (suburb of Memphis) from Birmingham. Please do not judge us too harshly, lest ye be judged. Tennessee public schools are better than Alabama. If you really want to compare cess pools, one needs look no further than Larry Langford and the Birmingham City Council. Even with the "Tennessee Waltz" convictions, Memphis still trails Birmingham in the Fulmer Cup Standings.

The only downside to the area is that they teach Rocky Top to kids in elementary school.
Memphis public schools are better than Alabama public schools? Bwahahahahahhahahahahahahaha.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Please tell me they don't consider beef barbeque.
I grew up in Alabama enjoying beef barbecue -- my family used to frequent Double L here in Birmingham. Barbecue pork is okay, especially Whitt's in Athens, but barbecue beef is much better in my opinion.

Last edited:

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana

I grew up in Alabama enjoying beef barbecue -- my family used to frequent Double L here in Birmingham. Barbecue pork is okay, especially Whitt's in Athens, but barbecue beef is much better in my opinion.
I like you, brother, really I do, but you have no taste in Q. ;)

I know you can BBQ beef and chicken and goat (yes, goat) and so forth and even make it taste good, but true BBQ is pork, and it's mustard based. It is never served on anything other than a paper or styrofoam plate (if you even use a plate at all), and if the cook will give you the recipe, don't bother.

JMHO. And now I'm hungry.

Boo Radley

All-SEC
Dec 13, 2003
Domus Dulcis Alabamus

I like you, brother, really I do, but you have no taste in Q. ;)

I know you can BBQ beef and chicken and goat (yes, goat) and so forth and even make it taste good, but true BBQ is pork, and it's mustard based. It is never served on anything other than a paper or styrofoam plate (if you even use a plate at all), and if the cook will give you the recipe, don't bother.

JMHO. And now I'm hungry.
Pork, YES! Mustard base sauce, meh. A friend of mine did his undergrad at Clemson, and we used to go round about the who had the best, especially after after a few cold draughts (not checkers). After spending 3+ years in Tuscalooosa, and a reunion with too many cold draughts 2 years later, he actually admitted to liking my preference of ground black/cayenne pepper and vinegar sauce better. We also ate our share of original Dreamland (pre-franchise), Archibald's, and Smalley-Faire BBQ back in the day.

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana

Pork, YES! Mustard base sauce, meh. A friend of mine did his undergrad at Clemson, and we used to go round about the who had the best, especially after after a few cold draughts (not checkers). After spending 3+ years in Tuscalooosa, and a reunion with too many cold draughts 2 years later, he actually admitted to liking my preference of ground black/cayenne pepper and vinegar sauce better. We also ate our share of original Dreamland (pre-franchise), Archibald's, and Smalley-Faire BBQ back in the day.
As long as you don't smother it in some molasses/tomato paste syrupy goo I'll give it a try. :smile:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.