BBQ - was 'NCAA Probe Targets Memphis Area Football'

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Re: NCAA Probe Targets Memphis Area Football Players by Pat Forde (Auburn-MSU)

This could get heated..............Texans ignore anything that is not beef. (But I am not a native Texan, so y'all can guess my preference.)

This might end up getting moved, especially if we "discuss" Texas vs Memphis vs Carolina sauce.

tidefan39817

All-American
Jan 17, 2006
Bainbridge, Georgia

LOL! I hate to disappoint but if you're using Dreamland (any of the locations) as a measuring stick for good Q then you ain't had good BBQ. Dreamland is nothing more than chain restaurant BBQ. Which is sub par.
hmmm, let's see... there was a little hole in the wall place in Tampa, South Carolina, Hawaii (a pit with tea leaves and lava rock) Kansas City, San Antonio, El Paso, Phoenix, St. Louis, North Carolina, Louisiana, Mississippi, Tenn., Austin, ofcourse Alabama, Georgia....i think that about covers ... oh California also....so yeah i've had a pretty diverse sample of BBQ... and i still say Rudy's is pretty damn good. especially with an ice cold Shiner Bach to wash it down.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

hmmm, let's see... there was a little hole in the wall place in Tampa, South Carolina, Hawaii (a pit with tea leaves and lava rock) Kansas City, San Antonio, El Paso, Phoenix, St. Louis, North Carolina, Louisiana, Mississippi, Tenn., Austin, ofcourse Alabama, Georgia....i think that about covers ... oh California also....so yeah i've had a pretty diverse sample of BBQ... and i still say Rudy's is pretty damn good. especially with an ice cold Shiner Bach to wash it down.
We might need a bbq thread in the grill n chillin board but having cooked bbq for over 12 years, cooked in competitive competitions and eaten at all the bbq regions in this country. I guess I'm somewhat of a "BBQ Snob". I've eaten at places that were supposed to be "The best bbq in town" and 9 out of 10 times I've made bbq better than that on my worst day. BBQ is an art and a preference. So I guess it all depends on one's taste buds.

Last edited:

Dallas4Bama

Suspended
Sep 27, 2006
Dallas, Texas

What do you think of the Salt Lick?

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

I split these off the topic on the FB board - carry on with the BBQ / Memphis sucks battle here.

:biggrin:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.