T.J. Yeldon: the Real Deal.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I can see why college football hates us so much..As good as Yeldon is..We're going too have a couple freshmeen RB's that will be coming in next year..That's just as good(if not better) than Yeldon..Life is good for us Bama Fans..I love it..

CraigMack

1st Team
Jul 13, 2000
Chelsea, AL
I've been trying to find a comparable back from Bama's history, but I'm having a hard time. He's taller than most and he glides a little like Alexander but he looks fast. Alexander never looked fast, although he was. Maybe Bobby Humphery, though not as much a slasher.

Bobby Humphrey was the first one to come to mind for me. Similar body type, similar running style, patient, waits on blocks and hits it hard when he goes...looks like he's gliding out there while everyone else is in slow motion.

CRMSNtide

1st Team
Jul 4, 2011
If you combined Marcus Allen and Adrian Peterson you would get something similar to Yeldon, the guy looked amazing.

Only one game so far, but he looked special from the second he touched the ball.

tmv85

All-SEC
After the game last night, I really understood why the barners were so upset when he switched his commitment. At first I thought it was because he did it during the dead period and was going to be enrolling before their slimy coaches could talk to him. Not I understand that it was not only that, but that they realized exactly what they were losing. ROLL TIDE!

CrimsonForever1

3rd Team
Aug 22, 2012
I really do not mean this to sound like a hijack, but the OLine did make some huge holes for this fine young man to run into.... Saying that, I loved the ability that TJ has to make people miss... He actually made the defenders from Michigan look silly a couple of times, but so did our OLine..........

CrimsonForever1

3rd Team
Aug 22, 2012
tmv85!!!!!! Quick, make another post..... Never really liked that number (post wise).......
After the game last night, I really understood why the barners were so upset when he switched his commitment. At first I thought it was because he did it during the dead period and was going to be enrolling before their slimy coaches could talk to him. Not I understand that it was not only that, but that they realized exactly what they were losing. ROLL TIDE!

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
I think Fowler just guaranteed himself a draft pick in the NFL showing his ability to play RB and FB in one game. NFL scouts will eat that up. Yeldon is insanely talented and great chance of getting freshmen all american this year
Awesom combo here. I still think Eddie should be the roster 1 when healthy. He's earned it IMO. I do however think we'll see more of the same "RB by commitee" the remainder of the season. Fowler is a low pad bruiser once he breaks LOS and Yeldon doesn't exhibit the "slasher" style simply because he doesn't have too. To my untrained eye he's a perfect combination of strength, speed and shifty. He's great at reading, waiting on and following his blocks then shifting just enough to make you grasp at his thigh pad in the open field. Then, of course, he has good hands as a receiver coming out of the backfield. He'll be, at a minimum, SEC Freshman of the year if he stays healthy. Remember, this kid was the A-Day star in the spring. He's only gonna get better the longer he's in the program.

RTR!!!

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Our O-Line was awesome & did dominate..But..TJ also broke lots of tackles & flat ran over some Michigan players..He did break some Michigan ankles with some brilliant running as you stated..What impressed me the most about TJ..Was the patients TJ showcased..By allowing the holes too develop before hitting the LOS..He obviously has had some great coaching on the high school level(and at Bama of course)..He has the maturity for a freshman RB that doesn't come along very often..JMO
I really do not mean this to sound like a hijack, but the OLine did make some huge holes for this fine young man to run into.... Saying that, I loved the ability that TJ has to make people miss... He actually made the defenders from Michigan look silly a couple of times, but so did our OLine..........

tambo410

1st Team
Nov 25, 2008
Fallston, MD
www.vrbo.com
Maybe its his build / height but I was most reminded of Eric Dickerson watching TJ run. I agree the O Line really was a difference maker. Some of those whole you could have driven a truck through!

Bear Disciple

1st Team
Oct 27, 2009
Tuscaloosa, AL
He looked great in every facet when he touched the ball, but what I was most impressed with was his ability to fall forward and pick up those extra couple yards, especially considering his stature. To me, there is nothing more valuable in a running back than fighting for every yard, and tonight, I can say in all honesty that I saw shades of a couple guys named Mark Ingram and Trent Richardson in TJ Yeldon. He's got a ways to go, but what an amazing first impression.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
He is a great back. With that said, in the past 4 seasons either all of our backs look good in a game or none of them do. I remember some games in 2010 when Mark Ingram and Trent Richardson struggled to get yards.

Like many predicted, the O-line is going to make the transition for Yeldon and Hart a lot easier this year. What a freaking line! I have seen a dominate left side, but not as strong on both sides.

Yeldon reminds me of a bigger Sherman Williams.

Clubfitter

Hall of Fame
Feb 21, 2009
Meridianville, Al
www.amtrustwebsite.com
Think all the DC's in the SEC lost some sleep last night thinking about how to stop the stable of RB's, the stable of WR's, awesome OL, and the confident experienced QB that we possess. Hope they all have nightmares all season long thinking about it. (I bet Nussmeier slept like a baby)

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
Somewhere between a Shaun Alexander and a Linnie Patrick. Definitely the most impressed I've been with a Bama frosh RB since Alexander.
Exactly. My immediate thought was the Shaun Alexander look to him, more like a swooping speeder leaning into curves than a stutter-stepper, spinner or power rusher.

Not yet convinced he is/will be better than Trent, but Trent can't be replaced, only succeeded, and TJ definitely did that.

Neverending

Suspended
Nov 19, 2011
It's just the first game and I don't want us to get ahead of ourselves, but...

The way he runs just looks so effortless. Almost like: "Yeh see I'm going break this tackle here and then just run half speed for 15 yards...no big deal"

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Effortless is a good word to describe him. His body lean is perfect and the way he just glides for 10 yards is such an enigma. A guy shouldn't be that big and tall and still be agile.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.