T.J. Yeldon: the Real Deal.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
Not much is said about Burton Burns who has to be one of the best running back coaches ever. I know Mark & Trent gave him a lot of credit.

He takes great talent & makes them Smart runners.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Not much is said about Burton Burns who has to be one of the best running back coaches ever. I know Mark & Trent gave him a lot of credit.

He takes great talent & makes them Smart runners.
Really good point...BB makes quality running backs out of great athletes -- not always the same. I am also ready to see Yeldon run at a quality DL...but I think he will hold his own...especially behind our OL. :) If he gains about 15 more pounds of upper body strength muscle, then I would say he reminds me of Jim Brown -- running the ball that is.

Bamafan P.T.

All-SEC
Oct 15, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Agree about Fowler. Of course, he's much more experienced than Yeldon...
Always been impressed with Fowler's speed for his size, but I thought he looked extremely quick hitting the hole last Saturday. We have some serious talent at RB. I hope Lacey gets healthy and gets his due, but I'm afraid he may not get the full load this year, healthy or not.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
His trust and quick determination on which gap to attack is something to watch. He could struggle against the best SEC defenses we will play this season because sometimes showing patience is the key to making big gains.

I like that he sees an opening and hits it relentlessly but lets see how he handles a team who can actually muck things up a bit.
He's the very opposite of Alexander and his little stutter step, waiting for the hole to form. I remember how frustrated Coach Fatso at the Seahawks would get with that...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Always been impressed with Fowler's speed for his size, but I thought he looked extremely quick hitting the hole last Saturday. We have some serious talent at RB. I hope Lacey gets healthy and gets his due, but I'm afraid he may not get the full load this year, healthy or not.
JF has lost some baby fat and replaced it with pure muscle. He reminds me a bit of Le'ron with the way he runs with authority. BTW, it's "Lacy." "Lacey" plays basketball for us... :D

Dallas4Bama

Suspended
Sep 27, 2006
Dallas, Texas
JF has lost some baby fat and replaced it with pure muscle. He reminds me a bit of Le'ron with the way he runs with authority. BTW, it's "Lacy." "Lacey" plays basketball for us... :D
He does run with authority. If the word on his hands is true he's going to be a huge problem for some teams in the future. The versatility he gives us is going to make DCs across the conference stay awake all night.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
He's the very opposite of Alexander and his little stutter step, waiting for the hole to form. I remember how frustrated Coach Fatso at the Seahawks would get with that...
They said that was his "is it worth it or not" step. When you break everything down, Alexander was a TD machine, that was by far his biggest strength. I have paid attention to HS recruits since Alexander and I have only seen a handful of the blue chips through the years hit the 50 TD mark in a season, much less 3,000 yards to go with it. Still not sure how we got Alexander :) Coach Saban would have had him on the field day # 1, I know that.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I'm very impressed with Yeldon overall, but his 'glide' is truly superb.

That said, I don't think I've ever seen a FR RB that had the vision & patience to allow the blocks and holes to open up. Truly breathtaking to watch in action. He's going to be an all-timer.

37bamagreats55

All-American
Apr 1, 2003
Gardendale, AL
I'm very impressed with Yeldon overall, but his 'glide' is truly superb.

That said, I don't think I've ever seen a FR RB that had the vision & patience to allow the blocks and holes to open up. Truly breathtaking to watch in action. He's going to be an all-timer.
I couldn't agree any more. Exactly what I think --- when I saw him run, it looked effortless like he was running in slow motion, with nobody catching him.
The first time I saw Mark Ingram and Trent Richardson run, I thought they would become superstars. This kid when I saw him run, I thought to myself, "This kid IS a superstar"

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I couldn't agree any more. Exactly what I think --- when I saw him run, it looked effortless like he was running in slow motion, with nobody catching him.
The first time I saw Mark Ingram and Trent Richardson run, I thought they would become superstars. This kid when I saw him run, I thought to myself, "This kid IS a superstar"
Just about with all our great backs let us know on their 1st series what to expect. TJ continues the tradition.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Go back and look at the video...a couple of times he charged straight ahead and past his blockers into a defender's arm. He's gonna be a great one, but, IMHO - and what do I know?! - he had at least 2 chances to take it to the house but didn't wait on his blockers. He'll get coached up...:)
Had he done that, he wouldn't have averaged 10.1 YPC... :D

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Go back and look at the video...a couple of times he charged straight ahead and past his blockers into a defender's arm. He's gonna be a great one, but, IMHO - and what do I know?! - he had at least 2 chances to take it to the house but didn't wait on his blockers. He'll get coached up...:)
I have, watched the game three times now - I guess we agree to disagree. TJY is the most patient FR RB I think I've ever seen, and likely one of the top10 most patient runners I've watched in the last few decades. His maturity is far beyond his years.

Perhaps your knowledge / appreciation for the finer points are more honed than mine, but from my view point, his patience / vision is superlative.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
I have, watched the game three times now - I guess we agree to disagree. TJY is the most patient FR RB I think I've ever seen, and likely one of the top10 most patient runners I've watched in the last few decades. His maturity is far beyond his years.

Perhaps your knowledge / appreciation for the finer points are more honed than mine, but from my view point, his patience / vision is superlative.
Agreed! The thing that I noticed most in how decisive he was in hitting the hole and making cuts. The smoothness of his running is unlike any back we had in a long time.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.