So Based on What You have Seen So Far - How will TXAM and Mizzou fare in SEC?

Dallas4Bama

Suspended
Sep 27, 2006
Dallas, Texas
The thing I like about Sumlin's offense compared to others that are similar is he will incorporate a pounding back into it. Their after some big bruisers and want to be able to counter the up tempo spread thing they do with a power game. Not sure they can pull it off from a blocking stand point, but if they can it will be fun to watch.

MightyWingman

1st Team
Jun 9, 2010
Houston, TX
The thing I like about Sumlin's offense compared to others that are similar is he will incorporate a pounding back into it. Their after some big bruisers and want to be able to counter the up tempo spread thing they do with a power game. Not sure they can pull it off from a blocking stand point, but if they can it will be fun to watch.
Our RB's for next year should be brutal. Tra Carson (Transfer from Oregon) and Brandon Williams (Transfer from Oklahoma) are sitting out this year, but will be eligible next year. Those 2 plus Trey Williams and Ben Malena will give us some decent depth at RB. Our biggest weakness is our DLine and defensive backfield, which are huge in the SEC.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Texas A&M

Coaching: A

Coach Sumlin does a great job developing talent and running a program with a cutting edge high octane offense.

Players: B-

The team seems to have some young budding talent but before they start to reap the rewards, they are going to have some tough spots.

Recruiting Potential: A+

Texas A&M is located in one of the richest football hot beds in the world, Texas. They will start to recruit top notch players now that they have upped their status by joining the SEC.

Team I Compare them to in the SEC: Arkansas

Long Term Predicament:

I see Texas A&M upsetting a team or two this year and slowly becoming a force in the SEC. Within 3 years I feel they will be a top 12 team pre-season and will become very competitive in the SEC.

Missouri

Coaching: B-

Coach Pinkel is an above average coach who puts teams on the field that are very sound. He was able to "outcoach" some coaches while they were members of the Big 12, unfortunately for him, this is not the Big 12.

Players: C-

This team is badly undersized and not very deep. A few injuries to this team could be cataclysmic to them.

Recruiting Potential: C-

Missouri will struggle to find athletes that have the capability to excel in the SEC.

Team I Compare them to in the SEC: Kentucky

Long Term Predicament:

I see Missouri struggling in the SEC. They will play teams tough but due to their lack of athletes and size they will field teams annually that will hover around .500 in the SEC.
I will have to disagree with your assessment. Sumlin is unproven at this level, He is undeserving of an A at this point. Pinkel has been competitive in the Big 12 without the athletes of the others. Right now, I would take Pinkel over Sumlin.

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
As horrible as they both looked at times last Saturday, it's not out of the question for one of them to go 0-8 and the other to go 1-7 in the SEC. It's a lock that one of them will have at least 1 conference win since they do play each other.

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
I will have to disagree with your assessment. Sumlin is unproven at this level, He is undeserving of an A at this point. Pinkel has been competitive in the Big 12 without the athletes of the others. Right now, I would take Pinkel over Sumlin.
Ok, just for the record I am fine with that.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Neither team belongs and neither team will compete.
It takes a little while for new teams to adjust to the SEC. Arkansas and USCe had their periods of adjustment, as will TAMU and Mizzou.
Mizzou has a pretty good first string, but they lack depth, and size to butt heads with the teams that are going to be division leaders. I think their fans are rabid enough right now, but will they still be here after several losses? I hope so.
TAMU is about on a level with Florida,Tennessee & Mississippi State.
TAMU fans should come around too.

In the SEC, the initiation is brutal. Like gangs, the new guys get
'Beat In'... There's no polite way to say it...
The coaches will adjust to the SEC/Pro Style of play, and add their own wrinkles to their Offense, face it, in the SEC you have to win, or be gone.

Last edited:

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
How about now?

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
I was happy to add AM. Missouri not so much. Sure Missouri won, but they are your bottom feeders/middle of the pack. It will take years for them to compete. AM will compete as long as Johnny is QB.

Timberline Tide

All-American
Jun 9, 2010
Colorado
I was very happy to add A&M and, despite today's loss, I still am. Looking back now though I wish we'd gotten VaTech instead of Mizzou - despite the tv markets, I just think they fit in better. Mizzou really crapped in their nest with all their chest thumping and talk of "old man football".

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
All around Sports and Academics I think it is a great idea still. I think Basketball is really going to be interesting this year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.