Jalston Fowler to have Knee surgery, out for season

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Re: Any update on Jalston Fowler?

Chances are we won't hear anything about it until Coach Saban's press conference later today. We're not even guaranteed to have a full update then, though.
If it's a CL, which it probably is imo, maybe it won't be devastating news for Jalston. He had to have some NFL scouts salivating with his play, and saddened when he went down. His running style and size are benefits for his full recovery imo. Which is all that really matters....his life.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada

I believe that someone had posted - rather cryptically - in another thread that they had heard some twitter rumors which were - and I'll phrase this carefully - not discouraging.

Here's hoping.

And praying...

Last edited:

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL

I believe that someone had posted - rather cryptically - in another that they had heard some twitter rumors which were - and I'll phrase this carefully - not discouraging.

Here's hoping.

And praying...
I know, but I saw more last night that summed up what we suspected. Supposedly some twitter and facebook posts fwiw. In this case I think no word yesterday by anyone indicates bad news, but I sure hope I'm wrong.

Carol91670

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 1, 2002
Paris, Texas, United States

I read twitter rumors that went both good and bad. Then I searched Facebook by his name. Two came up, one a fan page and one what seems to be him. The status update for that person said what I didn't want to read.

AlexD

1st Team
Jun 19, 2009

Talked to one of the players. Word is meniscus, mcl and Pcl... I hope he had it wrong but sounded like he was pretty sure.

He did not talk to Fowler himself yet so he got it from word of mouth so take with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL

I read twitter rumors that went both good and bad. Then I searched Facebook by his name. Two came up, one a fan page and one what seems to be him. The status update for that person said what I didn't want to read.
Yep, I saw that too. :(

rtcjny

All-SEC
Jan 27, 2011
Hartselle ,AL

I hate it for Jalston but from a team standpoint I think we should be fine. If there is one area where an injury won't have a huge affect it will be RB.

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012

Reminded me of Theismann or Nepoleon McCallum(I think) of the Raiders. Maybe even Marvin Constan. I can't imagine getting good news on this one.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

I hate it for Jalston but from a team standpoint I think we should be fine. If there is one area where an injury won't have a huge affect it will be RB.
With Lacy not being 100% it does matter. It appears Jalston will not be able to play this year, and that puts more pressure on Lacy's role. Alabama really isn't built to just utilize one RB, and while Yeldon has looked fantastic, it can't all fall on his shoulders. If Lacy can be 100% this year (and I think the jury is still out on that one), and both he and Yeldon stay healthy, then yes, I think you can shrug this off. But, that's kind of a long shot... As it is, this throws Hart into some situations he might not be well suited for.

As far as Jalston goes, his being gone takes away not just depth but a formation really. I was holding out how that it was something that gave him a chance or returning during the season, but that was always unlikely. Hopefully he fully recovers, I'm glad he should regain the eligibility, but the team sure could use him going forward...

Bad Pony

All-American
Nov 14, 1999
Pelham

Per CNS presser....surgery....most likely out for season....he didn't give any other details at the moment

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

He's a true Junior, correct? So that would make it easier to possible get a waiver for a redshirt or medical? I know this topic comes up very year and I always forget the policy, just wish I could remember why I keep forgetting.:BigA:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.