Dessert: New York Cheesecake Cookies

happytidefan

All-SEC
Jul 24, 2008
Columbus, Mississippi
Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop out the cookie dough and place on a nonstick or parchment
lined baking sheet. If you do not have an ice cream scoop, measure out the dough into scoops of
about 2 tablespoons. Flatten slightly, pressing your thumb in the center of the ball to create a
small bowl shape. Repeat with the remaining dough. Spoon the cream cheese mixture into the
indents you've made into the cookies.

Bake until the filling is barely set and the cookies are lightly golden, about 12 minutes. All to cool
5 minutes on the banking sheets before removing them and cooling completely on a wire rack.

Sometimes I blend some pie filling (blueberry, cherry, strawberry) in the processor until it's nearly
smooth and using a turkey baster (yes, that's what I use....but you could use an eye dropper or
something of the sort) and fill the cheese cake center with some fruity goodness. The recipe
doesn't call for that, but it's a great little addition for something a little more exciting.

Enjoy!

happytidefan

All-SEC
Jul 24, 2008
Columbus, Mississippi
I can't explain it and I can't fix whatever I did to the recipe above, but I've dropped it below. Sorry guys!

Ingredients

• 1 1/4 cups finely crushed graham crackers (1 sleeve)
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 egg, separated
  • 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 teaspoons lemon zest
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl, stir together the graham cracker crumbs, flour and baking powder. In a medium bowl, beat together the butter with the brown sugar using an electric hand mixer. Add the egg white and beat until well combined. Add to the graham cracker crumbs and blend until just combined.
In a separate medium bowl, beat together the softened cream cheese with the granulated sugar, egg yolk, lemon zest and vanilla until well combined. Set aside.
Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop out the cookie dough and place on a nonstick or parchment lined baking sheet. (If you do not have an ice scoop, then measure out the dough into scoops of about 2 tablespoons.) Flatten slightly, pressing your thumb in the center of the ball to create a small bowl shape. Repeat with the remaining dough. Spoon the cream cheese into the indents in the cookies.
Bake until the filling is barely set and the cookies are lightly golden, 12 minutes. Allow to cool 5 minutes on the baking sheets before removing them and cooling completely on a wire rack.

Also, if you'd like to embellish, blend up some pie filling of your choice, blueberry, cherry, whatever, in the blender or food processor until smooth, and using an eye dropper or turkey baster or some similar device, fill the centers with a little of the filling while they are still a bit warm. Yummy.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.