Tailgating location for OM game

mikey

Aug 30, 2012
First post btw. We are only able to make it down for 2-4 games/year. When we tailgate, we usually set up in the soccer lot. We would like to start setting up a little closer to the action, in a nice wooded lawn area on campus. The problem is, I don't want to step on anyone's toes by setting up in a spot where some family has tailgated every Saturday since Methusalem. Does anyone have any suggestions? I will bring my smoker and smoke ribs and maybe chicken so feel free to stop by! :)

bwhitman43

Sep 12, 2012
Anniston, AL
I've been wondering the same thing. I graduated from UA and always told myself I would have a "designated tailgate spot" where my friends and family could always find me. With the grill smoking and a cold beer in-hand, - this is the ideal spot on Saturday's in the Fall. I really don't want to spend $850 per season for someone to set up my tailgate spot. Don't get me wrong, it's a good idea, but I would like "my spot". Roll Tide

mikey

Aug 30, 2012
I'm with ya Whit. I'd just like to have a "my general area" lol. The quad would be awesome but it's not even on my radar yet because of the costs, waiting list, etc. I'd like to set up in a nice little area within 5-10 mins walking distance from the quad. I know its first come, first serve but I don't want to set my tent up in someone else's designated tailgate spot like the one you have in mind. I'm thinking maybe the lawn between the music building and the parking lot to the west, and close to University Blvd. Maybe if I rub someone the wrong way, I can smooth things over by offering a beer and some ribs!

bwhitman43

Sep 12, 2012
Anniston, AL
The music bldg. is where I use to tailgate, but since they chained it off, fans aren't allowed to park there anymore. Good luck, I hope to see ya around.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.