Gluten-Free Banana Pudding...

Gluten-Free Banana Pudding...

Description: Don't be deceived by the GF label. This is delicious. Also, I'd recommend the Arrowroot GF animal crackers, even if you want to use a non GF recipe for the pudding. They hold firm for a couple of days, unlike vanilla wafers...
    Serving Size: Supposedly eight...
    Time: Appx. 20 minutes...
    Difficulty: Easy

Ingredients:
    1. 7/8 cup white sugar
    2. 1/8 cup brown sugar (NOT packed)
    3. 3 TBSP cornstarch
    4. 1 egg beaten
    5. 12 oz evaporated milk
    6. 1 cup low fat milk
    7. 1 or 2 Tsps vanilla
    8. 8 oz pkg Mi-Del Arrowroot Animal Cookies Gluten Free
    9. 3-4 bananas
    Preparation:
    1. 1. In 2 quart saucepan combine sugars and cornstarch, then add egg and milks. Mix and stir over medium heat until thickened (coats a wooden spoon)
    2. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.

3. 2. Arrange layer of cookies in bottom of large glass bowl; pour pudding mixture over and top with bananas. Repeat to use all the pudding.

4. 3. May serve warm or refrigerate until chilled.
    Instructions:
    1. Nothing further...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

2. Advertisement

Re: Gluten-Free Banana Pudding...

What, no meringue frosting??? My grandmother made the best banana pudding I ever had, but sadly, I never got her recipe. I will have to try this one...thanks!

BTW, I prefer mine warm....yum

Re: Gluten-Free Banana Pudding...

Quote Originally Posted by ROLLTRIBE View Post
    What, no meringue frosting??? My grandmother made the best banana pudding I ever had, but sadly, I never got her recipe. I will have to try this one...thanks!

BTW, I prefer mine warm....yum
    LOL! My recipe has the whole egg in the pudding. One old method was to save the white out for the meringue and put the yolk in the pudding. There are bunches of recipes out there for the meringue. Warm and chilled are sort of two different deserts. What I really like about this one is that the Arrowroot cookies extend the fridge life for at least a couple of days over vanilla wafers...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis