Blog: Black and white TV's, Bryant's Sunday review show, Great pair says the Bear

BamaNBossier

Scout Team
Dec 17, 2001
Bossier
Just a small sample of one of Leonard's Losers...tell them bout it Lenny

"Phillip Fulmer leads his Rifleman into the Athens Kennel for a shooting match with Jim Donnan's Pack of Drool Dogs. The Volunteer Army has owned the K-9s of late, while the Red Clay Hounds think its about time to sink their teeth into the Big Orange Rifle Brigade. The Knoxville Army is angry after last week, but the Athens Dawgs will get the job done. Leonard's Loser? Tennessee"

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Sweet Memories- Copies of Coach Bryant's shows I think can still be purchased. Best memory I have is sitting in a dove field in 1972 and listening to Alabama score two touchdowns in the last two minutes. Pure Bryant genius in that game. I didn't kill many doves, but sure enjoyed the game.
I always was a lot better at waterfowl than dove. I remember my last dove hunt. They were coming over hedgerow from behind me and I missed several. I vowed that the next one I saw was dead. One came over and and I nailed.....a tufted titmouse...

Tide Rev

All-American
Mar 22, 2000
Ocean Springs, MS
I share all the memories mentioned about the show and Saturdays with a transistor radio. However, the one thing I respected and admired about Coach Bryant was when we lost, he always said something to these effects on the Sunday show, "I should of done a better job during the week" or "It was my fault" but when we won, he always gave the players credit. He always complimented the other team win or lose. He was a man of class and dignity which is sorely missing today in many areas of college football. "Bingo! - there's a goodie! Who was that Charlie?"

Great memories

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.