OL / DT A'Shawn Robinson Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

DurdenTider

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2011
Mobile, AL
Wow, I step away for a few days and this is reportedly happening. Awesome news to read and hope it happens. UA could finish incredibly strong on the DL

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC
According to Orangebloods.com publisher Geof Ketchum, Arlington Heights defensive tackle A’Shawn Robinson, the No. 33 ranked player in the nation, has decommitted from Texas. Robinson reportedly informed Texas coaches during an in-home visit that he would no longer be honoring his commitment and would instead be signing with Alabama on National Signing Day. Robinson had been committed to the Longhorns since last February and made an official visit to Austin last weekend. But the trip to Tuscaloosa two weeks ago seemed to have won over the five-star recruit. The loss of Robinson represents another major hit to the Texas recruiting class, which also lost four other prospects including Ricky Seals-Jones, on of the top wide outs in the nation.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/co...-from-texas-will-likely-sign-with-alabama.ece

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I read one UCLA "recruiting expert" who felt that getting AR would deliver EV to them. His convoluted reasoning was that EV had decommitted from USC because they were about to sign AR and he didn't want a competitor that strong. That's at wide variance with my memory. The reason given for the decommittment was he didn't like the direction the USC was taking under Kiffen. In addition, AFAIK, AR has been solid to UT until he started considering us. Sounds like some of the other pipe dreams I've heard. Saban informs each of the recruits who else we're recruiting and where they stand. Just think of the number of recruits, including some we didn't land, who've commented on his honesty and lack of sugar coating...

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam
I'm excited to see how this big'un out of Texas develops at Bama.
CNS said when he was here visiting that playing games in Texas and Georgia were important for gaining traction for recruiting and gave kids here some exposure. Texas A&M coming to the SEC, Bama's national recognition, and playing games here will hopefully open up Texas further for us in the future.

CNS said when he was here visiting that playing games in Texas and Georgia were important for gaining traction for recruiting and gave kids here some exposure. Texas A&M coming to the SEC, Bama's national recognition, and playing games here will hopefully open up Texas further for us in the future.
I think A&M coming to the SEC helped open the floodgates to Texas. Just can't wait til Thursday when it is all over and we know who is coming. I think 2014 can be just as good.

Sent from Jay's iPhone via Tapatalk

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC
I read one UCLA "recruiting expert" who felt that getting AR would deliver EV to them. His convoluted reasoning was that EV had decommitted from USC because they were about to sign AR and he didn't want a competitor that strong. That's at wide variance with my memory. The reason given for the decommittment was he didn't like the direction the USC was taking under Kiffen. In addition, AFAIK, AR has been solid to UT until he started considering us. Sounds like some of the other pipe dreams I've heard. Saban informs each of the recruits who else we're recruiting and where they stand. Just think of the number of recruits, including some we didn't land, who've commented on his honesty and lack of sugar coating...
Their recruiting experts need to catch up. The word is Robinson coming to UA may have helped UA with EV and vice versa. They have become good friends and talked about playing with each other at USC at one point. Do these two guys look like they do not want to be on the same team.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Their recruiting experts need to catch up. The word is Robinson coming to UA may have helped UA with EV and vice versa. They have become good friends and talked about playing with each other at USC at one point. Do these two guys look like they do not want to be on the same team.

Never considered it anything other than desperate homer talk...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.