The Walking Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
By far my favorite episode of the series. The episode was well done, well acted and had a good pace. Was 1.5 hours a little too long? Maybe, but to me it didn't drag at all. Nice pace. Now we know how Morgan went from off the rockers" in "Clear" to being sane again in "Conquer."

Biggest takeaway? Will his aikido training, his apparent salvation, be the death of him?
Eventually yes, it killed his mentor.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Great episode.....always liked Morgan and now we learned a lot about his transformation.

The best part of the episode (IMHO) was the character of John Carroll Lynch (the barber in Grand Torino).....whose name was....wait for it...."Eastman" ("Eastwood").

I loved the fact that the episode went 90 minutes but didn't like all the commercials. :(

I only wish we could have traded "Eastman" for "Father Gabriel" at the very end. IMHO, "Eastman" would have been a huge asset to the cast going forward.

RIP "Tabitha" :(

Last edited:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
^^^ Nice find, Red Star...the can of beans...bullet....little bag of Goo Goo Clusters from Eastman....

On TTD last night the actors said they skipped this episode and filmed all the others in the season before coming back to do this one. Interesting and fascinating at the same time.

EDIT: and there's the rabbit's foot too....

Last edited:

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
I really enjoyed this episode. I think after the ones before it, we needed a "break." Haha. I also finding myself not really caring what happened to Glenn anymore. :conf2:

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
Lennie James mentioned on Talking Dead how incredible of a worker John Carroll Lynch is. When they filmed the episode (which was shot out of sequence, James said they shot episodes 1-2-3-4-6-7-8 then 5 or something like that) it was during a stretch of hot weather that reached 106 or so a day, all while having to learn the lines of a episode in which his character (Lynch himself) would have to carry, not to mention he was learning aikido to make the role believable. Unreal.

Wish we could see more of Eastman but alas only in flash backs. The thought of having him conversations with Carol and Rick about the aikido's "all life is precious" .v. "die, die, die" philosophy of Rick/Carol would have made for some very interests scenes.

Still waiting to see Morgan and Michonne sparring.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
The are rumors that they show are currently have a casting call for the role of Negan (under the alias of Orin). The rumors say the show will debut Negan in the season finale. This character cannot be introduce or portrayed as anything other than being a monster. What better way to debut than to murder Glenn in the season finale?

Edit: Sounds like Garrett Dillahunt (Raising Hope, Justified's Ty Walker) is the HEAVY favorite, at the very least, for the role.

Last edited:
The are rumors that they show are currently have a casting call for the role of Negan (under the alias of Orin). The rumors say the show will debut Negan in the season finale. This character cannot be introduce or portrayed as anything other than being a monster. What better way to debut than to murder Glenn in the season finale?
That's why I'm hoping Glenn is still alive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.