The Walking Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamilton

Suspended
Dec 5, 2002
Hamilton
bama.ua.edu
I guess it just bothers me because it's different from every other zombie story. In every other zombie story, you're OK until you get bit. Me saying it's a plot hole is probably a little unfair. It's not a hole until the story is finished, and we don't know where the creators will take us.

This show/story is different from every other zombie story ever. They threw this plot point out there that everyone is already infected. There's a reason they changed up the rules of zombie mythology, right? They wouldn't just change it up for no reason.

Maybe they've already used that plot device to scare the viewer into realizing that no one is ever safe even when the zombies are locked away. Even the people of Woodbury aren't safe because anyone can become a zombie from a heart attack or a fall down a flight of stairs. BUT, I'm hoping there's more to it than that.
That's a staple of Romero Zombie-lore. It's not something that they just "came up with."

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Anybody know alot about gasoline? Doesn't it start breaking down and go bad after awhile sitting dormant. Seems like at some point, they won't be able to drive anymore. I figure we're about, what, close to a year, since d-day? Does that sound right?
Depends on how it was stored. In sealed containers with little air in them, it can last a long, long time - well over a year.

Also depends on what engine we're talking about - modern engines are going to have a tougher time than older engines.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
That's a staple of Romero Zombie-lore. It's not something that they just "came up with."
:conf2: I've seen just about every George A. Romero flick made and I've never heard of people being infected with an airborne virus that remained dormant until death.

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Depends on how it was stored. In sealed containers with little air in them, it can last a long, long time - well over a year.

Also depends on what engine we're talking about - modern engines are going to have a tougher time than older engines.
Disagree, if it's the standard stuff with 10% alcohol...

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

It can last about a year with stabilizers such as "Sta-bil." Otherwise your best bet is diesel.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Disagree, if it's the standard stuff with 10% alcohol...
I've used year+ old 10% ethanol gasoline from sealed NATO containers with zero issues in small engines as well as autos. Obviously 'sealed' in the crappy plastic containers most people have doesn't count - anything that vents won't work. There's probably a loss of power from the slight air exposure (the tanks weren't completely full, but within a couple of inches), but I noticed no issues.

Stabil or Pri-G are your best bets, but if sealed in a proper container, even crappy gas can last.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
I don't remember that in the films I've seen. In the original, it was never explained, dead just rose up from their graves. In subsequent films I can't remember scenes where someone died and reanimated unless they were bitten. Admittedly, I haven't seen anything since Day of the Dead. Not saying it didn't happen, just that I definitely don't remember it. Sounds like possibly a zombie marathon this weekend? Before and after the SECCG of course.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I don't remember that in the films I've seen. In the original, it was never explained, dead just rose up from their graves.
I believe in the original it was mentioned that a satellite had returned from another planet in our solar system covered in a kind of radiation & fell to Earth, possibly being the cause.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
Won't post spoilers, but I've read up to Issue #53 of the comics. If half the stuff that's in the comics makes it to the screen, AMC will push the envelope further than any other network in TV history.

But so far, I actually like the show better than the original story, one of the few times I've ever said that.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Going back to episode before last......

I'm still a little fuzzy on how Merle got the drop on Glen and Maggie.

They had their guns on him and he still had time to draw his weapon, grab Maggie, and force Glen to drop his weapon.

That was pretty weak if you ask me.

When Merle started inching forward - that's when Glen should have put a round in one of his appendages.

I also think when Merle had Maggie, Glen could have taken Merle out with a round in the noggin' before Merle could even flinch. Of course Maggie's hearing may have been a little affected but better that than the predicament they are in now.

I also thought it pretty surreal with Michonne watching the whole situation go down....I think when (and if) Merle gets it....it will be by Michonne's samurai sword.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Not sure either Glen or Maggie ever shot a non-walker before - might have caused a touch of hesitation.

But I told the wife last night - I'd have dropped him.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Not sure either Glen or Maggie ever shot a non-walker before - might have caused a touch of hesitation.

But I told the wife last night - I'd have dropped him.
Good man Audio.....I'm with you! :wink:

Looks like Glen stepped up though in the last episode - I will say that much.

Hey on the scene with the Gov. and Maggie when he got behind her...I was also waiting for Maggie to whirl around - kick him in the family jewels - and then grab his gun!

That's why I love the Michonne character so much...she doesn't waste a lot of time getting to the point and she doesn't suffer fools!

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
I'm still not convinced that Merle will turn out bad, although the brother vs. brother dynamic is shaping up to be a good one.
That's a valid perspective.....given the previous times he asked the gov's permission to seek out his brother and was turned down. I wondered at the times that happened if it would ultimately turn him to the other side....

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Going back to episode before last......

I'm still a little fuzzy on how Merle got the drop on Glen and Maggie.

They had their guns on him and he still had time to draw his weapon, grab Maggie, and force Glen to drop his weapon.

That was pretty weak if you ask me.

When Merle started inching forward - that's when Glen should have put a round in one of his appendages.

I also think when Merle had Maggie, Glen could have taken Merle out with a round in the noggin' before Merle could even flinch. Of course Maggie's hearing may have been a little affected but better that than the predicament they are in now.

I also thought it pretty surreal with Michonne watching the whole situation go down....I think when (and if) Merle gets it....it will be by Michonne's samurai sword.
I could see her taking off his good hand, sort of like how Uma Thurman takes out Daryl Hannah's one good eye in Kill Bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.