The Walking Dead - Page 8
Page 8 of 241 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151858108 ... LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Re: The Walking Dead

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    Highly doubtful. The show has already shown children walkers meeting their violent end.
    well it is one thing to shoot a 8-10 year old zombie, but a crawling infant zombie might just be the line.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame RedStar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTheory View Post
    Nicotero, who directed the epi, pretty much confirms that the walker who Rick slices up near the end of the episode did indeed "devour" (Nicotero's word, not mine) Lori. So if we see Lori again this year, it will only be in a flashback scene. JMO.
    So Zombies can eat bones now?

BamaNation Hall of Fame RedStar's Avatar

One thing that's bothered me for a while is the infection. Why is a bite worse than what everyone already has? We know that everyone has the zombie virus inside of them already. So if a zombie bites you, why would that matter? They're just giving you the virus again right? I don't really get how that works.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStar View Post
    So Zombies can eat bones now?
    Right? This bothered me too.

I saw Nicotero on the talking dead last night and heard him say it too. I guess I was wrong

BamaNation All-American MattinBama's Avatar

They used the bones to make human stock for soup.

BamaNation All-American MattinBama's Avatar

One thing that's bothered me for a while is the infection. Why is a bite worse than what everyone already has? We know that everyone has the zombie virus inside of them already. So if a zombie bites you, why would that matter? They're just giving you the virus again right? I don't really get how that works.
    I've had issues with that too, but would imagine it could be somewhat explainable. Such as the immune system can keep it in check normally until death at least in those people that are still alive that may have some kind of extra immunity to it compared to all those that already died and turned. The sudden extra infusion of virus saliva could overwhelm the system, or when the virus becomes fully active in a reanimated corpse it may actually grow in strength and be too much for the system when delivered through bites.

This isn't based on anything but my own conjecture.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

This bothers me too.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    well it is one thing to shoot a 8-10 year old zombie, but a crawling infant zombie might just be the line.
    It would most likely be a decision of the network, AMC, as opposed to the FCC, who has very little control over cable.

The show, though, has shown there really isn't much of a line they won't cross.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamanut_aj's Avatar

The Walking Dead

It's fiction, bro.....just rock with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the thread! Huge Walking Dead fan here as well.

I agree - this season every episode has been epic.

Love to see more walker-head splitting by Michonne!

The bite kills you, doesn't have anything to do with the infection. Just a painful looking way to go.

Also, I heard the words tonight I've been dreading "mid season finale".

BamaNation First Team Rattlehead82's Avatar

When does the second half of the season start? I'm looking at the episode list on wikipedia, and if they're going to do the same thing as season 2, they'll start back up in February. Is that how it's going to work for this season?

I read a short novel some years ago, based on pretty much the same premise, except, rather than there being numbers of infected zombies, there was just this one malevolent being, who could take over bodies after they died. The twist was that he could keep the bodies he inhabited moving and human-like for a limited period of time. They started gradually to decay. In the climactic scene, the protagonist had managed to corner him in an old house and blow up and burn the house. As the cells started to try to creep back together and reassemble themselves on the walls as a humanoid, the hero came in and blasted them with a flame-thrower...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis