The Walking Dead - Page 9
Page 9 of 245 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161959109 ... LastLast
Results 105 to 117 of 3174
  1. #105
    BamaNation First Team Rattlehead82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Pace, FL
    Posts
    948

    Re: The Walking Dead

    That last part sounds like something out of The Thing

    What was the name of the novel?

  2. Advertisement
  3. #106
    BamaNation Hall of Fame SavannahDare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Gulf Breeze, FL
    Posts
    15,040

    Re: The Walking Dead

    Quote Originally Posted by Rattlehead82 View Post
    When does the second half of the season start? I'm looking at the episode list on wikipedia, and if they're going to do the same thing as season 2, they'll start back up in February. Is that how it's going to work for this season?
    I don't know for certain, but that's my impression (Feb).
    "She is the last of her kind, she thought. No wars had ever touched her, and she had lived through three; nothing had disturbed that world of hers, where gentlemen smoked on the porch or in hammocks, where ladies fanned themselves gently and drank cool water." - Jean Louise Finch describing her aunt in 'Go Set a Watchman'

  4. #107
    BamaNation Hall of Fame RedStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Shoals, AL
    Posts
    9,627

    Re: The Walking Dead

    Quote Originally Posted by C Earl View Post
    The bite kills you, doesn't have anything to do with the infection. Just a painful looking way to go.

    Also, I heard the words tonight I've been dreading "mid season finale".
    Why would the bite kill you? Different type of virus?

  5. #108
    BamaNation Hall of Fame SavannahDare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Gulf Breeze, FL
    Posts
    15,040

    The Walking Dead

    Quote Originally Posted by RedStar View Post
    Why would the bite kill you? Different type of virus?
    In the very first episode, didn't the black guy say the bite gives you a fever that kills you? Also, I guess you can die from blood loss if the bite is in the right place.
    "She is the last of her kind, she thought. No wars had ever touched her, and she had lived through three; nothing had disturbed that world of hers, where gentlemen smoked on the porch or in hammocks, where ladies fanned themselves gently and drank cool water." - Jean Louise Finch describing her aunt in 'Go Set a Watchman'

  6. #109

    Re: The Walking Dead

    Duh, everyone knows zombie bites turn you into a zombie!

    Happened to Jim in s1ep4...
    To err is human, to really foul things up requires a computer.

  7. #110
    BamaNation Hall of Fame RedStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Shoals, AL
    Posts
    9,627

    Re: The Walking Dead

    Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Duh, everyone knows zombie bites turn you into a zombie!

    Happened to Jim in s1ep4...
    Haha I know that, but my question is in reference to the one I posted on the last page. It's something that apparently doesn't have an answer, yet is a pretty big plot hole IMHO.

    One thing that's bothered me for a while is the infection. Why is a bite worse than what everyone already has? We know that everyone has the zombie virus inside of them already. So if a zombie bites you, why would that matter? They're just giving you the virus again right? I don't really get how that works.
    Jim is the perfect example of what I'm talking about. He was bit, but why does that matter? If everyone already has the zombie virus inside of them, what would a bite on the arm matter? Do zombies suddenly have venom in their teeth or something? It's no different than a dog bite. Dog bites don't kill you.

    It would be like if I had the flu, and someone with the flu bit me on the arm, I wouldn't get the flu twice. Why is a bite worse than what they already have?

  8. #111
    BamaNation Hall of Fame SavannahDare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Gulf Breeze, FL
    Posts
    15,040

    The Walking Dead

    The virus can be transmitted via saliva, apparently. Or there's something in the saliva that activates the virus that's dormant inside you already?
    "She is the last of her kind, she thought. No wars had ever touched her, and she had lived through three; nothing had disturbed that world of hers, where gentlemen smoked on the porch or in hammocks, where ladies fanned themselves gently and drank cool water." - Jean Louise Finch describing her aunt in 'Go Set a Watchman'

  9. #112

    Re: The Walking Dead

    Quote Originally Posted by RedStar View Post
    Haha I know that, but my question is in reference to the one I posted on the last page. It's something that apparently doesn't have an answer, yet is a pretty big plot hole IMHO.
    I'd say a big plot hole is how one small part of the brain, with no blood supply, can somehow reanimate and control the entire body.

    I mean, c'mon, they're the undead, and you're nitpicking about something being unrealistic?

    To err is human, to really foul things up requires a computer.

  10. #113
    BamaNation Hall of Fame RedStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Shoals, AL
    Posts
    9,627

    Re: The Walking Dead

    Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    I'd say a big plot hole is how one small part of the brain, with no blood supply, can somehow reanimate and control the entire body.

    I mean, c'mon, they're the undead, and you're nitpicking about something being unrealistic?

    I guess it just bothers me because it's different from every other zombie story. In every other zombie story, you're OK until you get bit. Me saying it's a plot hole is probably a little unfair. It's not a hole until the story is finished, and we don't know where the creators will take us.

    This show/story is different from every other zombie story ever. They threw this plot point out there that everyone is already infected. There's a reason they changed up the rules of zombie mythology, right? They wouldn't just change it up for no reason.

    Maybe they've already used that plot device to scare the viewer into realizing that no one is ever safe even when the zombies are locked away. Even the people of Woodbury aren't safe because anyone can become a zombie from a heart attack or a fall down a flight of stairs. BUT, I'm hoping there's more to it than that.

  11. #114
    BamaNation Hall of Fame cbi1972's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    16,791

    Re: The Walking Dead

    The apparent reason the "already infected" twist seems to be there is so that people will still become zombies when they die from non-zombie causes, i.e. to drive the plot and provide suspense/drama when someone tries to deal with death in a dignified fashion. Beyond that, there's not much point in analyzing the science of a series that doesn't really treat anything as scientific.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere
    "When a loaf of bread looks like a banquet, I've no right buying tobacco. " - Grandpa Joe

  12. #115
    BamaNation All-American CrimsonNagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Montgomery, Alabama, United States
    Posts
    3,339

    Re: The Walking Dead

    Quote Originally Posted by RedStar View Post
    Maybe they've already used that plot device to scare the viewer into realizing that no one is ever safe even when the zombies are locked away.
    It's not just viewers but readers also because, everyone is infected in the comics as well. Just saying, they didn't just throw this plot device out there for TV, it's in the source material.

  13. #116
    BamaNation Hall of Fame RedStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Shoals, AL
    Posts
    9,627

    Re: The Walking Dead

    Quote Originally Posted by RollTide1017 View Post
    It's not just viewers but readers also because, everyone is infected in the comics as well. Just saying, they didn't just throw this plot device out there for TV, it's in the source material.
    That's not what I was implying. I've read the comics up until where the show is, roughly anyway. I'm on issue #31 and trying not to read ahead.

  14. #117
    BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama, United States
    Posts
    15,158

    Re: The Walking Dead

    Quote Originally Posted by cbi1972 View Post
    The apparent reason the "already infected" twist seems to be there is so that people will still become zombies when they die from non-zombie causes, i.e. to drive the plot and provide suspense/drama when someone tries to deal with death in a dignified fashion. Beyond that, there's not much point in analyzing the science of a series that doesn't really treat anything as scientific.
    Yeah... the whole point of it is to show how hopeless the situation really is. No matter how hard they try to outlast the walkers, they will eventually become them one way or the other.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

    -Bill Belichick

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 

TideFansStore.com: Get YOUR gear!