The Walking Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
go on vacation at the start of a season and you won't care when you get back. I come and read here for anything interesting. It sounds like I haven't missed much. I am curious as to how they will kill off Rick. If I was a betting man, I would bet lame.
The only good thing about the episode was they finally killed Gregory.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
go on vacation at the start of a season and you won't care when you get back. I come and read here for anything interesting. It sounds like I haven't missed much. I am curious as to how they will kill off Rick. If I was a betting man, I would bet lame.
I not 100% sure they will kill his character off. This is the perfect opportunity to do a soft reboot of the series. Lauren, Andrew and Danai (Michonne) are leaving or will soon to leave, in the case of Danai it's a matter of time. So why not take Negan and a few of the survivors hit the road (head to Canada, perhaps?) and leave Rick, Maggie and Michonne in the D.C./Virginia area? Just because an actor is leaving the show, does not mean they have to kill the character off.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I'm done.

I was watching "Wyatt Earp" on Ovation and switched over a couple time just enough to see the same stupid stuff going on to help make the decision to wipe my hands with the series.

Moving the wagon and plow across the glass floor....the glass crackling and the King falling through. The whole thing was so lame on several levels.

Then the part where the wagon got stuck and they were ready to abandon everything but the kid runs back to set the horse free and gets bitten. Then later they are all gathered around him and (surprise surprise) the walkers are dead/gone. They should have just taken out the walkers in the first place. And how do you get surprised by a walker *in front* of the rig....when you've been dealing with them for what---5 years or more now?

Dummies.....and I can no longer be a part of it....lol.

I'll gladly watch FTWD when it returns - at least until such time as it gets as bad as TWD. Which I'm sure it will, at some point....

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I not 100% sure they will kill his character off. This is the perfect opportunity to do a soft reboot of the series. Lauren, Andrew and Danai (Michonne) are leaving or will soon to leave, in the case of Danai it's a matter of time. So why not take Negan and a few of the survivors hit the road (head to Canada, perhaps?) and leave Rick, Maggie and Michonne in the D.C./Virginia area? Just because an actor is leaving the show, does not mean they have to kill the character off.
It did occur to me that the producers might be using this “Rick’s last season” as a marketing tool. The ratings have been steadily going down for years. Leave his exit as a cliffhanger, and have him come back alive and well later.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I agree, don't think he is killed off, just leaves. Maggie is also leaving but not being killed off. I was ecstatic to see Gregory aswinging. Not a bad start to the new season, but still not as good as it was.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
The show is dying a slow death. Some think the Pats Chiefs game took away viewership. I still haven't watched in 2+ years, but from the sound of things I am not missing much.

Bama 8Ball

1st Team
Oct 10, 2018
Too Far North
The show is dying a slow death. Some think the Pats Chiefs game took away viewership. I still haven't watched in 2+ years, but from the sound of things I am not missing much.
The two episodes I have seen this season have been better than those in recent years(which ain't saying a lot). But at least the writers/producers are pretending they care what the audience wants....

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
The two episodes I have seen this season have been better than those in recent years(which ain't saying a lot). But at least the writers/producers are pretending they care what the audience wants....
This season has started out okay, but has started to drag. Maybe when Rick finally leaves it will improve.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
I know the lackluster interests in the show, but I will still white out post as to not spoil the mid-season finale for those who still care about the show.

I knew they would not or could not kill Rick but he's written off the show. Considering who saves him, you can bank on Rick returning.

Very surprise they did a time jump or about 6 years. We now get a 8/9ish year old Judith Grimes in the infamous Sherriff's hat.

Nice cameo of Jon Bernthal.
Very poignant cameo of Scott Wilson.

With the time jump, it will be interested in seeing where the show goes from here. I'm still a proponent of getting survivor's back on the road, but the time jump is a start.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
So for those who think this was the end of Rick Grimes on "The Walking Dead", you are partially correct.

As Scott Gimple said on "Talking Dead", "This is the end of Rick Grimes on 'The Walking Dead. But this is not the end of Rick Grimes' story."

Accoring to Gimple, they are going to continue "telling Rick Grimes stories" through a series of AMC Original Movies. If they are going to continue this facade, can they at least improve the character. Because if Rick Grimes in his own stories is the same as the Rick Grimes on "The Walking Dead", I will stop even caring about the franchise. I won't read any column, watch the shows, and I will bypass this thread.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
TWD update:

Michonne and King Ezekiel are confirmed to be leaving the show after the season. Michonne will be in the Rick Grimes stand alone films.

Jesus is dead. Rosita is next? My gut says......maybe.

Carol and Daryl are the only two S1 characters (and actors) that are still on the show. But for how much longer, though?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.