Question: Couple questions

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
What are the region pairings for playoffs? 1 v 2, 3 v 4 etc? Just trying to figure where my hs will be traveling to?

Next question...on a punt...if the snap touches the ground BEFORE the punter catches it, does it make the punter "live"? Can he then be hit after punt and not be called for roughing?

Jref

1st Team
Oct 3, 2001
Tuscaloosa, AL
The complete brackets can be found here:
http://www.ahsaa.com/Sports/Footbal.../2012FootballBrackets/tabid/4069/Default.aspx

Basically, it's 1 vs 2, 3 vs 4, 5 vs 6, & 7 vs 8.

A kicker is protected when it's obvious that a kick will be made. If the snap hits the ground, that doesn't automatically relieve the defense of their responsibility to avoid roughing. There can be times when the punter gains possession (or gets the kick off) so late that contact is unavoidable, and in those cases roughing should not be called.

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
Ah, ok. Our punter was hit after the kick this past friday and the D was flagged for it. The ball had bounced, so as i discussed the play afterwards, gave incorrect info. I know I had seen the same type play with a no-call (more like the punter was tackled as he was kicking)...Thanks.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.