****Official Postgame Thread - Bama vs. LSU****

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
That stupid dance, cheer LSU fans were doing to some kind of Big 10 music with a Whooo then LSU got to me. Their Stupid kicker that touched the ball acting like a spastic on the sidelines & Les trying to clean his ears on National TV are what makes them LSU.

Anyway, I Never gave up, I just knew when we got the ball back we would score. Huge win for us, I told my wife that there was no way Alabama would lose on her Birthday.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
Two observations from rewatching the last few minutes...
1. In retrospect, I'm kind of glad that the offsides negated the fumble recovery. I think had we not gone to our two minute offense, things might have turned out differently.
2. What was up with the camera focusing on Blake Sims? I mean, his gestures aside, why was the camera even on him for so long in the first place?

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Now that it has started to sink in (and time reading other places, while Benevolent Dictator fixed the server issues), think about what we had to overcome.

LSU ran 85 plays. They converted 50% of their 3rd down conversions, compared to our 1 of 9. They had the ball a few seconds less than 40 minutes, and over 400 yards of offense. AJ was 1 of 7, before the Death Valley Dream Crusher*. Everyone, from us to the TV talking heads, said it would take a QB having the game of his career for LSWho to win. Well, he did, and they didn't win!

Over 400 yards of offense, and they could only put up 17 points. With stats like that, they should have put up 28 points. Yet, they didn't. Yes, we let receivers get open, and get too many yards after the catch. We turned the ball over twice, and they didn't reciprocate.

Despite all of that, including AJ being off, all game, when it came to "game on the line", only one team stepped up, and got it done. That is why we are champions. RTR!!!!!!!!!!!

* = Saw some LSWho students, who painted their chests with something that looked like "where dreams come to die". They were right. They just did not know it was going to be theirs!

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I wore the same National Championship shirt the whole game. Now I can't decide whether it is lucky or unlucky. I was losing hope as they drove the field. Les had his boys ready tonight and the off week definitely helped them. Just about everything you could do wrong, we did wrong, and still won in BR at night, -2 in TOs and not converting a third down the second half. Poor defense. And now they gotta get ready for A&M.

Man, I am tired of seeing QBs who can't throw it in the ocean from a row boat suddenly figure it all out against Alabama. Bet he reverts to form before bowl time.

My wife had saved up a bottle we smuggled in from a winery in Canada several months ago. That evidence is now gone.
I live in Canada , TN, and, on behalf of the "gubmint" [even tho I don't work for them - nor would I ever...] I forgive you.

Also, I hope it tasted darn good!!

And ROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL TIDE!!!!!

:)

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
1. Format on phone is all messed up so I hope this turns out.
2. I don't know how he knew but that was a perfect svreen call at the perfect time Coach Nuss.
3. We are so tired. And I fear my prediction on a tough aTm game will be true.
4. Yeldon will be better than MI and TR as far as #s go.
5. Hope Lacy and Coop can go next week.
6. Hope we put in aTm prep prior to this week.
7. Mettenberger returned to form on the last drive.
According to espn.com, just before the offense went out on the field for the drive, Barrett Jones said to the coaches "Don't forget about the screen"...

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Now that it has started to sink in (and time reading other places, while Benevolent Dictator fixed the server issues), think about what we had to overcome.

LSU ran 85 plays. They converted 50% of their 3rd down conversions, compared to our 1 of 9. They had the ball a few seconds less than 40 minutes, and over 400 yards of offense. AJ was 1 of 7, before the Death Valley Dream Crusher*. Everyone, from us to the TV talking heads, said it would take a QB having the game of his career for LSWho to win. Well, he did, and they didn't win!

Over 400 yards of offense, and they could only put up 17 points. With stats like that, they should have put up 28 points. Yet, they didn't. Yes, we let receivers get open, and get too many yards after the catch. We turned the ball over twice, and they didn't reciprocate.

Despite all of that, including AJ being off, all game, when it came to "game on the line", only one team stepped up, and got it done. That is why we are champions. RTR!!!!!!!!!!!

* = Saw some LSWho students, who painted their chests with something that looked like "where dreams come to die". They were right. They just did not know it was going to be theirs!
coach saban carried a cupie doll and performed a little voodoo in baton rouge

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
Yards between the 20's give the losing fans something to crow about on Sunday. :biggrin:

Coach Bryant called these "alumni yards". In fact I'm pretty sure he coined that phrase after beating Mississippi St. by 35+ points while their QB, Rocky Felker threw for over 400 yds.

Let's face it, the only stat that truly matters is the final score.

LSU played their best and it still wasn't enough. :BigA:

Neos

Suspended
Nov 14, 2011
Wow, haha, I still can't believe we won that game. One of the best games I have ever watched.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
I think we schemed ourselves into having issues on 3rd down. Several times we moved Williams in the backfield to help with QB protection. Each time we did that LSU only rushed 4 and dropped 7 into coverage. So we had 3 guys covered by 7.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Any ideas what happened to our d last night? We couldn't get off the field, and the missed tackles. I hadn't seen them play like that since 2010 I suppose. Was LSU just executing on just about everything? I do know Mettenberger impressed me. I didn't think he had it in him against our d.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Thank GOD the game is 60 minutes and not 58:30. The wife picked the wrong night to try and go to sleep at 10:30PM. Sure. I'll have Hell to pay for yelling "sleep in the garage if you want peace n quiet"... Don't care... Price to pay as an Aggie fan. Now, dear GOD, Please let BAMA whoop the Hell outta the wife's aggies.
When Yeldon scored I yelled so loud that my wife came in from the bedroom to see what was going on. That was a GREAT ending to the game, but if you have heart trouble, it could be your last game. Well, it's still ticking today. I sure hope we can put the Aggies away early. I don't think I can take two consecutive weeks like last night.

People talk about Bama's OL, well the Aggies have a verrrrrrry good OL, a couple of good RB's and a QB that is fast, quick on his feet and very deceptive. Trying to catch him is like trying to catch a fly with your bare hand. It's not easy.

Bama may have to put up a lot of points.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
Was at church this morning - being told by the Vol fans that I'm surrounded by that LSU dominated the game. I countered that Bama led at the end of the second, third and fourth quarters. Is it really domination if you only lead at the end of one quarter, the first? All I got back was, "Yeah, well, look at the stats." To which I replied, what determines the outcome of the game, stats or score? End of conversation.

I realize that Bama got outplayed for much of the second half last night; but it's still fun to leave Vol fans standing there with their finger in their ear. :)

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Ramblings....
Disappointment in the defense is an understatement; I don't buy for a second the Mettenberger cocoon/butterfly analogy. Bama's defense was horrible. I don't think the who's had some mystical offensive game plan, either. Bama's defense just, well, can't say it here.
Don't know why, but I do know...if whatever was wrong with the defense last night is not fixed by Thursday, next Saturday's winner may not be the same as this Saturday's winner. I don't think A&M has that great of a defense, and Bama's O did drive the length of the field against one of the best. So it may come down to turnovers, and Bama this year doesn't appear to be as good last year in that department ( I trust someone will correct me or back me up on that, I don't have the time to look it up).
Bama got outplayed for ALL of the second half, except the last 2 minutes. Uncharacteristic, and if repeated this week, in Atlanta or in the BCSCG (if Bama makes it), there will be no repeat NC. JMHO RTR
Having said all of that...props to AJ for taking the team on his shoulders and showing the world what most of us already knew.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.