****Official Postgame Thread - Bama vs. LSU****

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
Let's not forget the job Norwood did on the last drive, catching passes for a first down and getting out of bounds three times.
I know. He turns it up big time vs. LSU. And Chavis gave him such a cushion.....like he didn't even respect him. Fine with me. Norwood owns LSU. :BigA:

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
"What doesn't kill you..Only makes you stronger"..This game will make us a stronger team..That's bad news for college football..Because we were already the best team in the Nation..

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Any ideas what happened to our d last night? We couldn't get off the field, and the missed tackles. I hadn't seen them play like that since 2010 I suppose. Was LSU just executing on just about everything? I do know Mettenberger impressed me. I didn't think he had it in him against our d.

I hate pointing out players. But it always seemed to be to Belue's side and they kept picking on him. It gives him something to work better at. But I remember telling my husband, I bet they throw to the receiver that #13 is covering.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
Ramblings....
So it may come down to turnovers, and Bama this year doesn't appear to be as good last year in that department ( I trust someone will correct me or back me up on that, I don't have the time to look it up).
If I'm not mistaken, last season our defense created 20 turnovers. This season, we have 23 to date (ranked #10 in the country). Ranked #4 nationally in turnover margin. And they've posted a stat the last couple of games of how our points off of turnovers is eons higher than any other team. On offense, Bama has 8 fumbles (no INTs), which is tied for 4th best in the country. It doesn't get much better than Bama when it comes to turnovers - on either side of the ball.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
When Yeldon scored I yelled so loud that my wife came in from the bedroom to see what was going on. That was a GREAT ending to the game, but if you have heart trouble, it could be your last game. Well, it's still ticking today. I sure hope we can put the Aggies away early. I don't think I can take two consecutive weeks like last night.

People talk about Bama's OL, well the Aggies have a verrrrrrry good OL, a couple of good RB's and a QB that is fast, quick on his feet and very deceptive. Trying to catch him is like trying to catch a fly with your bare hand. It's not easy.

Bama may have to put up a lot of points.
That's not really a joke. One Bama fan did had a heart attack on the last score. A friend of his posted the story on TI. The guy was 55 and in good shape. His friend talked to him about 1:30 AM and he was doing fine. He then got a call at 5:30 AM that he had passed away...

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
If I'm not mistaken, last season our defense created 20 turnovers. This season, we have 23 to date (ranked #10 in the country). Ranked #4 nationally in turnover margin. And they've posted a stat the last couple of games of how our points off of turnovers is eons higher than any other team. On offense, Bama has 8 fumbles (no INTs), which is tied for 4th best in the country. It doesn't get much better than Bama when it comes to turnovers - on either side of the ball.
Bama lost the TO battle last night. Sooner or later, AJ will throw a pick (due to a deflection or receiver muff, if nothing else). Bama won last night. If Bama plays like they did in the 2nd half against A&M (possibly), Georgia (probably) or Oregon (I'd bet on it) and loses the turnover battle, the outcome won't be the same as last night. That was my point.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Yeah, you can't beat good teams consistently with the kind of play we had last night. Still, it is great encouragement that our team suffered through all the bad and found a way to win a game on the road in one of the most hostile environments. Consider that the two the biggest stars on the last drive had played terribly (McCarron) or made a huge game changing mistake (Yeldon) earlier in the game. Most guys don't come back from that on the road... obviously we have some mentally tough guys on our sideline.

It's good to win like this sometimes...most great teams have these moments.

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
With the specific Alabama performance that he faced, Miles lost the game for his team. But I think LSU played the best ball they have played all year, and in particular Mettenberger's breakout performance reminded me of when Garcia beat us, he just could do no wrong.

And having said all that and with appropriate props to LSU, Bama still won with just about their worst performance of the year. Like any glass being half full or half empty, did we see warning signs of vulnerability, or a champ showing its resilience and character? I think the team showed character, and I'm not worried about Johnny Football or Aaron Murray or anyone else. Wait and see, we'll win the time of possession game and hold A&M and Georgia to a very manageable score.

JeffAtlanta

All-American
Aug 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)
I hate pointing out players. But it always seemed to be to Belue's side and they kept picking on him. It gives him something to work better at. But I remember telling my husband, I bet they throw to the receiver that #13 is covering.
I think that a lot of that has to do with how good Dee Milliner is. It wasn't his best tackling game, but his coverage skills are elite.

McCarron to Norwood is phenomenal. One pass on that last drive, there was a high pass thrown to Norwood and at first thought I was like no too high and he came down with it. It was purposefully thrown that way. Those two have things down to a T. I love it. With Bell and Coop down he's our bread and butter and he came through.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
McCarron to Norwood is phenomenal. One pass on that last drive, there was a high pass thrown to Norwood and at first thought I was like no too high and he came down with it. It was purposefully thrown that way. Those two have things down to a T. I love it. With Bell and Coop down he's our bread and butter and he came through.

I think if Williams (I think) didn't fall down in the end zone, he would have caught the pass. It looked like a perfect pass.

bamadp

All-SEC
Sep 24, 2006
Sheffield, Al.
Congrats to the LSU team. They had a good gameplan and executed it to perfection...almost. Mettenberger played the game of his life and their entire team played their best game of the year. Conversely, we played averagely. between our missed passes and turnovers we kept LSU in the game. We played poorly enough to lose and but for some very questionable play-calling by Miles probably would have. But, just like last years game, sometimes you lose when you should win, and sometimes you win when you should lose. I'm very glad we won despite not playing our best. This team was on the brink of having their dreams crushed, I hope we learned a valuable lesson. Something tells me CNS, while glad to get out of Baton Rouge with a win, will not be a happy camper this week.

Craxycat

All-SEC
Apr 24, 2009
There's nothing sexier than women who get into sports like THAT.
Pfft...I think my hubby worries about my sanity, although he sure did let out some serious yellin' when TJ ran that ball in. ;)

I thought it was so amazing to have Dee talking to AJ when he got emotional on the sideline too. The defense was in it with him, and it was just so emotional. I think I have watched it a few times (ok a few hundred) just to see how they came together like hat.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.