ADMIN NOTE: Server performance issues

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
***UPDATE*** 11/4/12. 11am EST
We have re-enabled site formatting. Should we experience further unsustainable server loads we will most likely just turn the boards off for a period of time to have a more "graceful" site rebuild. We know where the problems are and it is only during extremely high traffic like we experienced yesterday that it rears its ugly head. Working to fix the issue will be the focus over the coming hours and days.

Again, thanks for hanging in there with us !!! RTR!

11/4/12 midnight EDT
Obviously with the traffic tonight during the 2nd half especially, the server was getting hammered. This is one of the few times in recent memory that we've had this happen so we are investigating root causes.

We have turned off some stuff so you might see some funky formatting or additional timeouts until we make some infrastructure adjustments over the weekend or into next week.

Meanwhile, Revel in the win and RTR!

... And thanks for your patience! :)

Brett

Last edited:

TydDFens

1st Team
Feb 5, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I am only replying to this thread to keep from seeing that blasted Oregon avatar every time I go to the football board. No offense Mr. OreGUN Ducks. :wink:

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Thanks for working on this. It was all last night and this morning that I had issues. But is working perfectly now.

lafella

Hall of Fame
Nov 27, 2006
Baldwin County, AL.
I didn't try to get on the sit until about midnight last night but I never had a problem getting on it with my phone why is that?

btw Good to see a post from you Brett!

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
The mobile version is obviously very streamlined and uses much less server power / formatting so is minimal and doesn't have as many complexities on the server.

as for seeing a post by me, thanks... sorry it was about a technical issue! Being a first-year faculty member is a time sink :D ... thus much of my TF work these days happens behind the scenes. I expect things to free up a bit after my semester is over.

I didn't try to get on the sit until about midnight last night but I never had a problem getting on it with my phone why is that?

btw Good to see a post from you Brett!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.