Danielson at it again

BFANLC

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
In a dream world
Im done listening to the cbs broadcast. All I heard was lsu this lsu that. He actually said Bama was being dominated by lsu even though lsu at the time was down 14-3. Also stated everyone was pulling and watching for Bama to lose. Why is it every game Bama plays he has to always try to play the other team up? Just discuss what is happening and let your biased/hate go.

hoopjsn

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
To be fair, LSU dominated the stat lines. Reminded me of our regular season game last year.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Because it isn't his job to cheer for Alabama . He gives us plenty of props.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
To be fair to Gary, practically the entire country WAS pulling for LSU in this game. It would have ended the SEC streak in the BCS title game had they won...

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
no different from last year. even though we lost, most feel like we dominated that game. this time around, LSU could do no wrong through the air. thats the first time since the South Carolina game a couple years or so back where i felt like our defense wasnt going to make a play

bamatex82

All-SEC
Oct 5, 2001
Greenville, TX
We were being dominated and, yes, others were wishing us to lose. He just stated the truth. What's so hard about that? We as Bama fans always pull for someone ahead of us in the polls to lose, so why would you be surprised that everybody is cheering for us to lose when we are the king of the hill right now? Everybody wants the the top dog to lose so they can have their chance. He was not stating a personal preference, just the facts.

BFANLC

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
In a dream world
We were being dominated and, yes, others were wishing us to lose. He just stated the truth. What's so hard about that? We as Bama fans always pull for someone ahead of us in the polls to lose, so why would you be surprised that everybody is cheering for us to lose when we are the king of the hill right now? Everybody wants the the top dog to lose so they can have their chance. He was not stating a personal preference, just the facts.
We werent being dominated at the time, we were up 14-3. It wasnt always what he said but the tone, like he would enjoy Bama losing and was enjoying lsu winning.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
There has never been in the history of journalism unbiased reporting. His job is build drama to get ratings.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Danielson along with Blackledge and Herbstreit are 3 very good color commentators and I always enjoy his analysis during games. He isn't as polished as the other two guys but his analysis is usually very good.

GeorgiaTider

All-SEC
Oct 30, 2005
Im done listening to the cbs broadcast. All I heard was lsu this lsu that. He actually said Bama was being dominated by lsu even though lsu at the time was down 14-3. Also stated everyone was pulling and watching for Bama to lose. Why is it every game Bama plays he has to always try to play the other team up? Just discuss what is happening and let your biased/hate go.
He is 100% correct. LSU dominated us pretty much in everything but the score. It would be a pretty boring telecast if he did not add him observations. Face it, just about EVERYONE not wearing crimson wants us to lose. No one but SEC fans want to see seven straight and I am sure most of those want BAMA to lose in the MNC.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
His stance on the terrible offensive pass interference penalty was typical for the rest of the night. When Yeldon scored it was like the air came out of him and it left him predictable speechless, because in that brief period he would not have been able to hide his anger.

I have for the most part been a defender of the CBS coverage the past four seasons, but I felt some bias last night from Danielson, not Vern. It was obvious that he was straining when speaking positively about our program, but freely and zestfully about LSU. He would compliment good Alabama strategy but went beyond that and into cheerleader with LSU.

Maybe he needs to opt out of his Finebaum segment because it's obvious that he and the fans dislike each other. If I disliked a fan-base I would root for the other team, but I don't have his job. It was apparent the he has little affection for our team and especially head coach. He attempted to cover his tracks with strategic compliments......especially the ones he predicted or endorsed.

Last edited:

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
I'm watching it off the DVR now. Actually they (Verne & Gary) were better than usual. Maybe Verne did not drink as much as normal.

While at it the officials did a pretty good job.

TydDFens

1st Team
Feb 5, 2011
Birmingham, AL
To give him credit, at least I think it was Danielson said that LSU was playing like Bama. At the time it wasn't funny cause we were losing, but now I look at it as a compliment. And I had to turn the volume down in the 4th qtr. I had had enough of Vern and Gary. When I turned the volume down on the t.v. all I heard was a clock on my wall going tic toc. I thought that was ironic at the time. But it is all good. Roll Tide! Bring on the Aggies!

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
We werent being dominated at the time, we were up 14-3. It wasnt always what he said but the tone, like he would enjoy Bama losing and was enjoying lsu winning.
well, you can argue what "domination" ultimately means, but statistically, we were dominated last night.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Sorry, the story line of the night was how our supposedly overwhelming advantage at QB was biting us in the rear end. Both teams got props, but go back and look at the tape. LSU dominated the game in the first quarter, the third and for 13 minutes of the fourth. When we were driving, Danielson passed out plenty of insights and kudos.

That said, LSU was on the field for most of the game. Ergo, more comments about LSU, particularly since they pulled one third-down conversion after another out of the hat.

On the pass interference call, he called it ticky-tacky, if I recall correctly.

His stance on the terrible offensive pass interference penalty was typical for the rest of the night. When Yeldon scored it was like the air came out of him and it left him predictable speechless, because in that brief period he would not have been able to hide his anger.

I have for the most part been a defender of the CBS coverage the past four seasons, but I felt some bias last night from Danielson, not Vern. It was obvious that he was straining when speaking positively about our program, but freely and zestfully about LSU. He would compliment good Alabama strategy but went beyond that and into cheerleader with LSU.

Maybe he needs to opt out of his Finebaum segment because it's obvious that he and the fans dislike each other. If I disliked a fan-base I would root for the other team, but I don't have his job. It was apparent the he has little affection for our team and especially head coach. He attempted to cover his tracks with strategic compliments......especially the ones he predicted or endorsed.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Sorry, the story line of the night was how our supposedly overwhelming advantage at QB was biting us in the rear end. Both teams got props, but go back and look at the tape. LSU dominated the game in the first quarter, the third and for 13 minutes of the fourth. When we were driving, Danielson passed out plenty of insights and kudos.
Danielson was rooting for LSU, no doubt in my mind.........and of course I factor in game play. I think you will see people that usually defend them say the same.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.