Name that play

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
It might be hard, I know this one is a doozy. Remember, you have to hear it in Eli's voice.

Yeldon the running back, Norwood in motion
AJ gets the snap, pressure!
Screen, Yeldon!
30, 25...
*Color guy* "Make a man miss..."
"He's gonna go! He's gonna go! He's gonna go!"
"Touchdown. T. J. Yeldon!"

A little hint below, but no cheating! ;)

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
I gave kudos to several unheralded heroes in another thread, but watching this video again, I just remembered some things that I failed to mention in my excitement.

1. Yeldon's pass protection on 2 of the previous 3 plays before his TD catch was phenomenal. Not often that you ask that of a true freshman. But he made it happen. Great, great stuff.

2. On the game winning TD, the WR blocking out to the left (was in Christion Jones? Norwood?) did a GREAT job of sealing off that CB, who would have,no doubt, made the play or at least affected Yeldon enough to get stopped. Just a great all around team effort on that last drive. I'm proud to be an Alabama man this morning.

3. Craig Loston was on the wrong end of a "Daniel Moore" type moment. The move that Yeldon put on him to break him down in the open field is the stuff that keeps the epsom salt companies in business. Actually had that happen to me and it felt like my hip popped out of socket.

Last edited:

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
First, "The Drive" in '09. Now this one. Total team effort. Great OL play. Fantastic QB play. Clutch plays by Norwood. Super play calling. And to do this after being flat the whole 2nd half. Trying my best to be objective, but this just might be the best gut-check series of plays I've ever seen in college football. Roll Tide, indeed.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Thanks for posting that! I really, really, wish I could somehow get a hold of full games with the radio audio.

I know it would be great. I was able to listen to the game on the way to church this morning. That last quarter was amazing, Eli did a historic call of the game.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
I gave kudos to several unheralded heroes in another thread, but watching this video again, I just remembered some things that I failed to mention in my excitement.

1. Yeldon's pass protection on 2 of the previous 3 plays before his TD catch was phenomenal. Not often that you ask that of a true freshman. But he made it happen. Great, great stuff.

2. On the game winning TD, the WR blocking out to the left (was in Christion Jones? Norwood?) did a GREAT job of sealing off that CB, who would have,no doubt, made the play or at least affected Yeldon enough to get stopped. Just a great all around team effort on that last drive. I'm proud to be an Alabama man this morning.

3. Craig Loston was on the wrong end of a "Daniel Moore" type moment. The move that Yeldon put on him to break him down in the open field is the stuff that keeps the epsom salt companies in business. Actually had that happen to me and it felt like my hip popped out of socket.
Yep, and one more I'd like to add that sticks out to me - Warmack on the screen pass... Pushes LB Minter back then gets out to his spot and gets in the way of Minter and prevents him from being able to get to Yeldon.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.