Joker Phillips fired...

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
I always liked Joker, but everyone isn't an SEC head coach. He's still got a good future, but he'll have to choose whether he would rather be a head coach at a smaller venue or a position coach or coordinator at higher levels.

I agree that UK should consider Taggart. Nutt, not so much. Complete head case.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Maybe Bill Curry will go back to KY... ;)
Here's where 'Sweater Boy'
always mentioned that he was the last player drafted in the pros...

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Taggart is the name the media keeps kicking around, but he didn't exactly endear himself to UK folks during the lead-up to WKU's game against them this year.

Nutt, I think is done as a head coach in this league. Not only was the Ole Miss experience a flame-out, but the way he left Arkansas didn't go over well and he never really accomplished anything there of note. Kentucky would be better off either going for a young guy, or ......... being the school to give Petrino his rebound stop.

ON EDIT: Saw where Kentucky's AD said they would not consider Petrino. Names they're considering include Brent Pease, Dirk Koetter and Phil Fulmer. I kid you not.

Last edited:

exiledNms

Hall of Fame
Aug 2, 2002
Hattiesburg, MS (USA)
Taggart is the name the media keeps kicking around, but he didn't exactly endear himself to UK folks during the lead-up to WKU's game against them this year.

Nutt, I think is done as a head coach in this league. Not only was the Ole Miss experience a flame-out, but the way he left Arkansas didn't go over well and he never really accomplished anything there of note. Kentucky would be better off either going for a young guy, or ......... being the school to give Petrino his rebound stop.
Nutt retired a couple of years ago; he just failed to alert Ole Miss to this fact & thus emptied their cupboard badly while drawing a big paycheck.

Dallas4Bama

Suspended
Sep 27, 2006
Dallas, Texas
Kentucky wanted to get the jump on Auburn in the available coaches market.
Staci I made one of my aubie buddies so mad last night saying that. He insist abarn and KY would never be considering the same coaches. It really gets under their skin! :)

BTW, I think ARK beat everyone to the front of the coaching search this year. They never stopped interveiwing after hiring Smith is what I hear.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.