CJ Moseley Needs To Be On The Field Every Play

Dixiedawg

1st Team
Oct 13, 1999
Mobile, Ala
www.geocities.com
While I agree CJ is a great player, he may not be suitable for all situations. offenses have gotten more complex and especially those that are designed tospread the field, while some teams demand more concern of the running game. As to CJ being the best, no part is greater than the sum, without others to back him up he is just one player. IMHO

CrimsonForever1

3rd Team
Aug 22, 2012
I`m with you dawg........ LOL to Rasputin!!!!
While I agree CJ is a great player, he may not be suitable for all situations. offenses have gotten more complex and especially those that are designed tospread the field, while some teams demand more concern of the running game. As to CJ being the best, no part is greater than the sum, without others to back him up he is just one player. IMHO

brutetough

1st Team
Dec 11, 2010
He is our best play maker at LB position. However, he's no Mcclain or Hightower. Those two are 3 down backs, while CJ were not on the field for most of the running downs.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
He is our best Defensive Playmaker
I was saying this all last night. I understand that he isn't as meaty as Depriest or Nico but I think we are better with him on the field. I have seen him be very physical when teams run it with him in the game. Also some of those routes that they abused Nico on would never have happened with CJ in the game. His batted ball just shows his incredibly instincts and athleticism.

Thankfully I don't think we will play another team that will have him on the sideline for most of the game. But I think regardless he needs to be in the game the dude is just a stud.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
I'm not a coach either but I wanted him in the game more than he was also. I never thought we gave up very much run support with him in the game, but he is hands down our best cover LB.

It's almost like we've got so much talent at LB we hurt ourselves with all the different personnel packages.

OTOH you can't complain with the results Saban gets with all that talent.

UAME

All-SEC
Mar 28, 2000
Tuscumbia, AL
I have a sneaking suspicion that whenever "Johnny Football" Manziel is on the field Saturday, he's going to have a shadow with the number 32 on it.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I miss things sometimes :) and did not realize that Mosely came in on the Nickel like Sunseri. One of the reasons other than eyesight is that the Nickel seems to have the best players on the field, and we use that group of players the most during the game. But I was taken a back a little when it was mentioned that Mosely is technically not a starter on our basic defense.

Mosely and Sunseri play more than 50% of the snaps on defense I am pretty sure of.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
I have a sneaking suspicion that whenever "Johnny Football" Manziel is on the field Saturday, he's going to have a shadow with the number 32 on it.
EXACTLY!

You'll see CJ as the spy (IMO) on Manziel all afternoon with safety help over the top once the LOS plane is breached. CJ is a great LB but he is better in coverage than a power run stopper.

RTR!!!

Last edited:

Bama Lee

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Dallas, TX
I agree with most of y'all that CJ Mosely wasn't the best fit for our 3-4 scheme to stop the run... However, the two ILB's playing were not living up to expectations! Trey Depriest was waiting on the blocker to come to him, thus giving up 3 free yards before even making contact. It was not his best game. Saban and company will fix it after watching the tape

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.