Pick the Score: Alabama vs. Texas A&M

Neos

Suspended
Nov 14, 2011
38-13. Our boys come in pumped and lay a beat down. Defense feels like it played a bad game against LSU, so they come in with something to prove.

Aggie Scott

Scout Team
May 1, 2012
I respectfully (since this is your board) predict Aggies 35, Tide 34! Ok, I'll duck and you can bash away now! lol

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Alabama 38 TAMU 21

Alabama and TAMU trade blows in the first half, Alabama takes a tenuous lead into halftime. Texas A&M wears down defensively and Alabama plays ball control while pulling away in a game closer than the final score.

Bamabw

Suspended
Oct 14, 2011
BAMA 42 - tamu 17...Johnny Effin Football will be gone in late 3rd Qtr. Not trying to throw any bad Karma out there...just think his scramble style will get him banged up...

TideLegacy

Scout Team
Nov 22, 2005
Dallas, TX
Will post more on this game this week, as I am a STH at both schools, life-long Tide fan, A&M alum. Bama has more depth and is the overall better team but this is a very dangerous game for Alabama. Sumlin does not run a traditional "spread" offense, A&M seeks balance and runs the ball (all rushing TDs vs. Miss State). A&M defense is good against the run but lacks depth, and the DBs cover well but are very young and don't tackle well in space. A&M also has the best offensive line in the SEC not named Alabama.

You win and lose as a team but as for several games mentioned above: Florida - first game for freshman QB, new coaches, new schemes and game was still winnable. La. Tech - missing 4 defensive starters and A&M has no depth on D (for example up 38-7 vs. Miss. State A&M put in #2 DL and #2 DBs but kept the LB 1s in the game til the end), LSU - LSU has a good D and A&M had 4 TOs, but only 2 that were on Manziel. A&M still put up 410 yards of offense on LSU. Ole Miss, first true road game for Fr. QB, awful performance and A&M had SIX turnover - and still won the game.
A&M PK is terrible.

Bama 31-24.

A&M victory would not shock me, neither would a 41-17 Alabama win.

Mettenberger is NOT a good QB, at all. If the back end of Bama's defense doesn't play a lot better the Tide will be ripe for an upset. But when is the last time a Saban coached Bama defense had 2 bad games in a row? Never, that's when.

Bama will do it's thing, rush for 200+, contain Manziel, limit the big plays, and wear down the defense, and win.

Last edited:
I think the Bama defense will have a bit of a chip on its shoulder after giving up so many yards(and points) to LSU. We had LSU beat until the fumble in the red zone. We cannot abandon the run once it gets popping. I see an OFFENSIVE LINE THAT HAS CAUGHT ITS GROOVE!!! Their defense will have no answer. We played without the #1 running back and top 2 receivers the whole second half seems like and we still won. Bama big!! Roll Tide!

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
We're a far better team on the whole, but we're also beat and bruised, physically and mentally. TAMU will be pumped, and we will have our hands full. If we're as sore as I think it will be a tight game, although I don't believe it will be a high-scoring affair.

UA 29
TAMU 24

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.