No One is Talking about Coach Saban's Demeanor against LSU

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
This board has really lost the edge in the fundamentals of spotting a troll. Execution is poor with the slinging of Moo, and the attention to detail of pointing this out to other members is going to cost us one day.. I'm tellin ya now it's gonna cost us before you know it members will be liking a trolls ..:eek2:
That sounded like Saban. Now do one that sounds like Les Miles. Please keep it under a 1000 words. :D

tidefan39817

All-American
Jan 17, 2006
Bainbridge, Georgia
It is well documented that he came in and learned our previous offensive system, even the termanology and added a few wrinkles......same with the previous OC :)

We can both go into more specifics about the look of our pro-syle offense, but I would not be teaching you anything you didn't already know.

Balance, pro style, tight ends, pay action, screens, blocking schemes and so on.
:pDT_Aliboronz_13: Pay Action....so what are you saying... :pDT_Aliboronz_14:

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
Coach Saban is the best at:

1) recruiting
2) preparation (strength/conditioning/play repetition)
3) mental aspects of the game
4) teaching

No one will ever accuse him of being the best coach at game day strategy. His strength is in what is done before the game. He will put a bigger, faster, stronger, more prepared team (mentally and physically) on the field than you do. But he will never be accused of being the best game day coach. For example, he is horrible at managing our timeouts before halftime (wastes them many times when we could have gotten into scoring range had they been used).

But i wouldn't trade him for anyone. He's the best overall coach in America.
Now if we could only get you on our sideline to help manage the timeouts and all of Saban's other inadequacies we might win a National Championship or two sometime soon...oh wait, nevermind. :wink:

Craxycat

All-SEC
Apr 24, 2009
That sounded like Saban. Now do one that sounds like Les Miles. Please keep it under a 1000 words. :D
eh it needs a 'in relation to' in there to sound more like Saban. So in relation to our ability to sniff out an opposing fan we will need to get fundamentally better. ;)

What I wonder, and worry over like a 2 year old fixin' to lose their binkie, is whether the fans (in relation to Alabama) get overly sensitive with respect to the things said to them by opposing fans. We won, they lost in a very degrading/demoralizing way two years in a row. Sadly for them is the fact they could probably kick most everybody's tail, except ours that night.

Highway59

1st Team
Jan 29, 2009
In Alabama off "highway59"
I'm sure this has been pointed out already, but there is a time for tough response to a breakdown in a scheme. I didn't actually watch the game, and have not got around to watching it yet. Was at a high school band competition up in Gordo that evening, so only got reports from people with radios. Listened to Eli and company during second half on the way home. It sounded like Lsu was just making plays. This was the number five team in the country and one of the toughest environments to be having to play on a Saturday night. Saban probably was well aware that our safety's were being put in bad matchups, and screaming at them was not what was needed at that time. Nobody, not even Miles could have saw that performance coming from the Mett, otherwise he might have dialed back the drastic chances he took trying to keep Alabama from getting a foot on their neck. The kids were playing hard, and the outcome on the field was in doubt, not due to anything other than hardnose football and its swings of momentum that you see in such a game. He was being the good coach and in tough moments, he was providing steady hand on the wheel that a group of young athletes needed. Just a excellent coach realizing what his team at those critical moments would respond to. And I would say they answered the bell.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
I don't know what you're supposed to look like on the sideline when your team isn't executing like they had in the previous games. I try to wear a dress shirt, tie and slacks. Usually with a cool tie bar or tie tag. I do wear Rockports instead of regular dress shoes because they are more comfortable.

Sometimes you keep looking for answers in your head, but then you realize that you've tried everything that your team has practiced with the previous week. Then you think, "Maybe I can have my kicker try to run the ball 25 yards for a first down" and you realize that you don't have your running back kicking the ball and you haven't practiced that so it would be something useless to try to do. What are you supposed to look like?

BamaFanatJSU

1st Team
Apr 24, 2008
Rainbow City, AL
Sometimes you keep looking for answers in your head...
Or, if you're Les, under your hat.

What I can't seem to figure out in terms of the OP is this: do superior teams pass up two FG opportunities in a tight game and replace them with the worst fake I've ever seen and a poorly executed Wildcat play under center? What about the onside kick? In my mind, superior teams execute when the game is on the line, which is exactly what one team did when needing to go the length of the field in 1:30 in the fourth quarter FTW.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Or, if you're Les, under your hat.

What I can't seem to figure out in terms of the OP is this: do superior teams pass up two FG opportunities in a tight game and replace them with the worst fake I've ever seen and a poorly executed Wildcat play under center? What about the onside kick? In my mind, superior teams execute when the game is on the line, which is exactly what one team did when needing to go the length of the field in 1:30 in the fourth quarter FTW.
I did think it was funny that Les told Tracey Wolfson that he, "Should've kept that fake field goal under his hat!" LMBO when he said that!

Two plays basically contributed to beating LSU and they were both screens. Primarily, every blitz for both teams got burned. They are "high risk/high reward". It's just like like Pressing in basketball.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.