Link: Gary Danielson uncontrolable outburst with the game winning TD? LSU fans think so. :)

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
What does the PA announcer say when LSU scores a TD? I was watching the replay and I'm trying to figure that out.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
And Keith Jackson's, "No, sir!" on 4th & goal vs. Penn St in 79 Sugar Bowl was seen as biased in our favor.
That's a good example of non biased, love of the game commentary that describes and maybe adds to the color of the event, which is what they do are supposed to do.

The ones that are biased do things like push imaginary momentum for one team or are sympathetic towards one side. Keith Jackson never did any of that.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
Just reading the posts here is getting me all excited again!
I am still shaking my head every time I think about the last 2 and 1/2 minutes of the game. Unbelievable.
Roll Tide! Roll!

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
What's great about that play is it would have gone 100 yards if we had needed it - Yeldon wasn't getting caught...
yeldon is absolutely amazing when he has space in front of him. i knew as soon as he caught that ball that he was end zone bound. he is about as smooth and fluid a runner as i have seen in a long time.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Just reading the posts here is getting me all excited again!
I am still shaking my head every time I think about the last 2 and 1/2 minutes of the game. Unbelievable.
Roll Tide! Roll!
It's was a good opportunity for me to upload and post the touchdown :)

When looking at the Yeldon run, your average receiver or back would not have scored. Besides being in perfect position at all times to avoid three near tackles his not losing forward speed with the catch enabled it all, and that took God given talent. AJ placed the ball perfectly to enable him to do this or he would have gone down at the 25.

I went back to watch some games from 2002 through Shula and I saw receivers and backs make catches and runs where they would have easily scored today, but they just didn't have the athletic abilities of what we have now. Our former all time leading receiver would be 3rd string with this bunch.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
The thing I love most about that play, other then the fact that we scored the winning TD, is how loud the LSU fans are at the start of the play but as it unfolds it slowly fades from crazy LSU fans to crazy Bama fans. It's almost like a switch is flipped around the 10 yard line; like every LSU fan went quiet and every Bama fan in the world went nuts. The sound on the play is just so much fun to listen to!

MBA_99

1st Team
Jan 11, 2010
A, A
My wife will never forgive ESPN for the fact that Tracy W and many other commentators wore purple and gold for the BCSNCG. It wasn't even subtle. Between all of them and old Gary, LSU got the better media favoritism.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
My wife will never forgive ESPN for the fact that Tracy W and many other commentators wore purple and gold for the BCSNCG. It wasn't even subtle. Between all of them and old Gary, LSU got the better media favoritism.
Personally I don't think there's a conspiracy against Alabama in particular. I think people in general get tired of the same people/teams winning. They hate it so much they make up rules and policies (free agency in the NFL, salary caps etc.) to ensure the same people/teams don't win every year.

But if there is some teams the media pulls for and some they pull against I want to be on the side they pull against. Because it makes winning even sweeter.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Personally I don't think there's a conspiracy against Alabama in particular. I think people in general get tired of the same people/teams winning. They hate it so much they make up rules and policies (free agency in the NFL, salary caps etc.) to ensure the same people/teams don't win every year.

But if there is some teams the media pulls for and some they pull against I want to be on the side they pull against. Because it makes winning even sweeter.
The outside world is tired of us and the SEC. Alabama is like Jimmy Johnson to many :)

Cecil Hurt had a good article that the game "Humanized" Bama from our "machine" like manner, which he went on to say will make the game more of a classic. But I also took it to mean that Alabama is more interesting overall when it's not beating everyone to a pulp every week in predictable fashion, and that is a good and bold point.

5 times as many people watched the Bama LSU game than the UCS vs Oregan late game....... I bet 3/4th were SEC fans. We are a powerful conference, it was like 10 million to 2 Million viewers. Another game around that time drew a lot less.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.