Friendly Reminder to our LSU lurkers

Mob-Bama

2nd Team
Dec 14, 2001
Mobile, AL USA
Look, I have a question for Earle & other knowledgable fans: Why did the clock stop when the LSU player went out of the game after not getting out of bounds & not making a first down (w/13 seconds) to go AND not staying on the ground (if he was hurt). It stopped for about 8 or 9 seconds.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
There is a truly unhealthy hatred of Nick Saban and Alabama going on with them. I don't understand it. Florida fans have never acted towards Spurrier this way, despite the fact that he took over a division rival. I'm sure it has a lot to do with Saban's dominance here. But holding on to all that poison isn't a good thing for that fanbase.
I think this is the core reason why it was better this board parted ways with the LSU fans. There were three posters who posted on here that I absolutely have no doubt in my mind are wonderful people. Never had an issue out of them. They were consistent on their boards as they were on here. I respect that and them for being that way.

But from an overall standpoint, the angst they still have for CNS, thrown in with the already disdain of Alabama fans in general,has pushed this "rivalry" to an unhealthy level. Most of the internet LSU fans on the majority of LSU boards go to levels of filth when talking about Alabama fans and Nick Saban that it is scary to imagine that these people are really like this in person or are they just hiding behind a screen name and a keyboard. But either way these message boards are for the enjoyment of the fans. Not a place to get one's blood pressure and stress level up. There are enough real problems life hands out for that. Some people find it "enjoyable" to talk utter filth to one another on message boards and others do not. So I guess at that point one needs to go to a board that fits their tastes.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Look, I have a question for Earle & other knowledgable fans: Why did the clock stop when the LSU player went out of the game after not getting out of bounds & not making a first down (w/13 seconds) to go AND not staying on the ground (if he was hurt). It stopped for about 8 or 9 seconds.
He didn't have the ball in his hands when he stood up so I think he might have fumbled the ball out of bounds thus stopping the clock.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I just take this year's game as karma coming full circle for last year. Alabama should have won 2011: Alabama maybe over coached a bit - the Wildcat throw - and LSU made a few more plays down the stretch. LSU should have won 2012: LSU maybe over coached a bit - the 4th down bad calls - and Alabama made a few more plays down the stretch.

1958againbear

1st Team
Jan 27, 2011
He didn't have the ball in his hands when he stood up so I think he might have fumbled the ball out of bounds thus stopping the clock.
Thank you. I've been wondering the same thing. I was about to start screaming about a fake injury but he just walked off the field. But I still couldn't see at the time why the clock stopped. BTW Mettenberger sure reverted to true form there at the end. Looked totally lost. The sideline shot of him before they went out for the last possession looked like he didn't want any part of it any more.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Crimson Speed

All-American
Oct 2, 2005
The Shoals, North West Alabama
Fishhead? He was pretty reasonable. But I remember the invasion that led to the policy move and totally agree with it.

FWIW, I agree with some of the LSU fans who believe Miles blew it.

He made several very questionable coaching decisions that put his team in bad spots.

Granted, Alabama had the troops to execute at the end. Miles didn't lose the game per se. Alabama won it with a little help from the opposite sideline.
I also thought Fishhead was pretty level headed and reasonable. But, I also remember the onslaught of poison from the LSU radicals after they won last year in Tuscaloosa. Maybe, at some point in the future, cooler heads will prevail.

Glad we pulled this one out, but have to wonder myself why we did not run, run, run. The only explanation I can come up with is that we had some beat up running backs and perhaps the game plan was to limit their exposure as much as possible. Sometimes we don't know all the facts about the health of the players. If our backs can recover from all the bumps and bruses, I predict the future games we will see the run game established first to set up the pass.

Tidetwin

All-American
May 15, 2006
Northeast Georgia
The only bad call Miles made was the fake field goal. I believe we shot ourselves in the foot on our fumbles. Both were just at bad moments.
I thought the on-side kick was a lulu, too. Why give us field position when they had just scored and their defense had shut us down on the two previous drives. Our fumble bailed Les out.

Last edited:

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Other than the overboard hatred for Coach Saban, and the fact it gets worse
when they are butt sore...
They are as passionate about the LSU team as we are about Alabama Football.

Last year it got over heated, and out of control, Like talking politics with a hot head
from the other party.
Our last minute win will prolong the pain in the Bayou...

I've got to admit I really enjoyed chatting with a couple of LSU posters. Guys who knew football.

If it takes us loosing to make LSU rational, I'd just as soon they remain 'Banned '

and over the edge...

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I also thought Fishhead was pretty level headed and reasonable. But, I also remember the onslaught of poison from the LSU radicals after they won last year in Tuscaloosa. Maybe, at some point in the future, cooler heads will prevail.

Glad we pulled this one out, but have to wonder myself why we did not run, run, run. The only explanation I can come up with is that we had some beat up running backs and perhaps the game plan was to limit their exposure as much as possible. Sometimes we don't know all the facts about the health of the players. If our backs can recover from all the bumps and bruises, I predict the future games we will see the run game established first to set up the pass.
He also went back to his home board and posted that he only hung out on TF in order to correct us about all things involving LSU. And that was the Lord's own truth. They never added anything of substance to any thread not involving LSU or Miles, and argued and carped endlessly in those threads. Let those two names be mentioned, and here they came, ad nauseum. When I asked them nicely to give it a rest, I got ignored. I have never seen such a sense of entitlement on another school's board. This is not a rivalry board. This is TIDEFANS! There has been some discussion given to setting up a rivalry board, but, even if we do, they won't be allowed back into this board. I'd echo what BB said above that the atmosphere has been so poisoned - by them - that I'm having a hard time imagining a scenario where they'd be allowed back any time soon...

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Big differnce between Spurrier and Coach Saban

Coach Spurrier and fans had become stagnant, some feel they fans and media kind of ran him off with their unrealistic expectations his last couple of seasons.
Coach Spurrier would have gone back most likely if not for being asked to interview(insulted him). They wanted Myers
They won 2 more NC at Florida while Spurrier was struggling at bottom feeder SC
Coach Spurrier played and won a heisman at Florida.

Coach Saban left LSU and caught the fans off guard.
Coach Saban came to their arch Rival and started where he left off at LSU
LSU has felt second fiddle to Alabama ever since, even when they won their 2 loss season NC.
Not being an alumi, Coach Saban is free game for them all.

Big difference between Spurrier and Coach Saban. On a smaller scale it is more similar to Coach Oliver leaving for Auburn. I for one still appreaciate the man, but I guarantee you some of the same one's that can't understand the dislike for Coach Saban despise and vocal call out Brother Oliver.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

He didn't fumble the ball. The clock was stopped due to the RB limping off the field. If it had been fumbled out of bounds, the clock would have started on the snap instead of the whistle, which it was. I thought a run off should have been enforced there too or at least not stopped. The player did the right thing and ran off the field. The official messed up in calling time out. Oh well, thankfully it didn't affect the outcome.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
He didn't fumble the ball. The clock was stopped due to the RB limping off the field. If it had been fumbled out of bounds, the clock would have started on the snap instead of the whistle, which it was. I thought a run off should have been enforced there too or at least not stopped. The player did the right thing and ran off the field. The official messed up in calling time out. Oh well, thankfully it didn't affect the outcome.
He had a total of two yards for a 1st down and enough room to pick up at least 6, probably more. #33's instincts to bypass that opportunity to get 1st down and stop to clock and spend twice the amount with a failed B-Line to out of bounds was crazy. But that goes back to coaching. He should have known where the 1st down was, and that a 1st down also stops the clock. I could not believe he ran 25 yards to try to make the sideline when he could have fallen over for a first down.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.