2012 Coaching Carousel thread

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Haven't seen this all in one place yet so I thought I'd create it

Current speculation in other threads and on other boards seems to point to (as of 11/6)

The boogs are talking to Petrino (again)

Pigs seem to think they are getting "a Grown Man"

KY seems have a long list on hopefuls but I haven't heard a single solid name yet

Is TN keeping Dooley?

opinions? comments? Inside info anyone?

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
The boogs and the common knowledge of caos in the high ranks couple with the whispering of future NCAA problems scares away any big named coach.

It comes down to James Franklin and Gus Malzahn for which they will be lucky to get either.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I'm not sure Gundy leaves his alma mater and the money of T. Boone Pickens to go to Arkansas. Dooley is teetering, a big time loss to Vandy or Kentucky will send him packing. As for the boogs, Petrino would seem to be the early favorite. UK who cares. This is going to get interesting.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I'm not sure Gundy leaves his alma mater and the money of T. Boone Pickens to go to Arkansas. Dooley is teetering, a big time loss to Vandy or Kentucky will send him packing. As for the boogs, Petrino would seem to be the early favorite. UK who cares. This is going to get interesting.
Pigs are claiming that T-Boone/Gundy hate one another and that there is a power struggle behind the scenes at Okie State making Gundy want to jump. I have no idea if it's true

DallasRTR

3rd Team
Jul 26, 2007
A friend of mine who is an Arkansas booster says U Meyer was at Arkansas last week - I told him he was crazy - there was no way Meyer would leave OSU for Arkansas, and he was crazy if he thought so.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
A friend of mine who is an Arkansas booster says U Meyer was at Arkansas last week - I told him he was crazy - there was no way Meyer would leave OSU for Arkansas, and he was crazy if he thought so.
Your friend must be insane or delusional because Urban Meyer isn't taking a step down to leave Ohio State for Arkansas. OSU is arguably the best program in the Big Ten and Meyer's home state. Arkansas isn't on the same level as them.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I am pretty sure Colorado will be looking soon as well.
If Dooley wins out including the bowl game it may buy him another year
If Kiffin loses out would USC fire him?
Cheezit might actually be ok for just one more year.
If Patternson did leave would TCU rehire Fran?

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I can't see him leaving TCU now, especially since they just got a seat in the Big 12 and can be competitive/win that league.

Still... Patterson would be a heck of a hire for Arkansas. I'm leaning towards those who are suggesting that Tubberville actually ends up with the job.
The article says Patterson would be a prime candidate then concludes by saying he probably won't leave TCU. I think Tubs would be a solid not glamorous hire, but that is what Arkansas needs now is some stability from someone who has actually had HC experience in the SEC.

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
I think Tubbs would be a solid hire as well, but I can't see him wanting to come back to the SEC unless it was at a team with a clear recruiting advantage. Arkansas has the money and the fan base, but recruiting there still isn't easy. The fan base also isn't known for being terribly patient. Not like Auburn, but Tubbs has a lot of job security in a pretty good situation right now. He's not likely to beat out Texas and OU enough to get national title shots, but I'd be surprised if he could pull it of at Arkansas either.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.