Tim Brando is really hoping A&M upsets Bama

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Announcers like Brando create controversy so fans in sports forums will create threads giving him several pages of negative publicity thus inspiring new listeners to check out his show so they can hate him too, start new threads about him and give him even more publicity. :)

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
CBS just don't get it with college football. Bama's success has created this what if talk. What else do they do to draw attention?

Just enjoy what we have going on & ignore the Brando's and Barnharts.

crimsonbleeder

All-American
Dec 1, 2002
Birmingham, AL
Brando is really hoping we get beat this weekend. I was watching his show today and he is convinced we will lose. He even had his guests agreeing it is very likely, although Ron Higgins said it ain't happening. I cannot stand this guy and his dislike for Bama fans.
the whole country wants us to lose, man...

JD95

All-American
Oct 18, 1999
Birmingham, AL
Look, every single college football fan that's not a fan of Alabama or Texas (and probably even a fair number of Texas fans) hopes that A&M beats Bama. Why should Brando be any different? That's just the way it is when you're on top, and that's how I love it to be!

BamaAlum97

1st Team
Dec 13, 2002
Tulsa, OK
I have heard lots of people pick A&M this week. I really don't believe they are all Bama haters. As far as Brando goes, I actually like him. He doesn't always pick Bama to win, but I have never heard him "Hating" Bama.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I have heard lots of people pick A&M this week. I really don't believe they are all Bama haters. As far as Brando goes, I actually like him. He doesn't always pick Bama to win, but I have never heard him "Hating" Bama.
I haven't heard people picking A&M, but we do have a lot more doubters. Which could be a blessing in disguise, the guys needed a punch in the mouth to not be complacent.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Which people ? Most outside experts think Alabama will win from what I've seen. Not that it matters.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Like it or not, we are Goliath, Jimmy Johnson, The Yankees, Dallas during their heyday. USC under Carrol......anyone who roots for the underdog (75%) wants us to go down. It would increase revenue to all the sports media because a huge debate between ND, Oregon and KS State would insue.

The only people rooting for us are Alabama fans, some that are loyal to the conference, and some football purest that like seeing greatness. If we lose, the front page of ESPN would have a big picture of some player standing with his head down and big bold caption about the dragon being slayed or something to the effect, followed by numerous articles on the implications and the scramble over the shakeup in the landscape.

You better believe many are pulling against us.

Neverending

Suspended
Nov 19, 2011
From SI:

We now know how the Crimson Tide handle adversity. Despite little game experience with a deficit, Alabama's offense rose to the occasion Saturday night in Tiger Stadium. Still, LSU's success throwing the ball against the Tide and stymieing Alabama's offense for most of the second half pierced 'Bama's aura of invincibility. It's easy to write off the struggles as the product of an excellent opponent coming off a bye week and playing its best in a high-stakes game, and that might all be true. It probably is the case for LSU's defense, which is more athletic than any defense Alabama might possibly see the rest of the season -- though not that much better than Georgia (on a good day) or Notre Dame or Kansas State (on any day). Of greater concern is the way LSU's much-criticized offensive line picked up Alabama's blitzes and LSU quarterback Zach Mettenberger and his receivers beat man coverage. In the past few years, Alabama's secondary was so good that even if the rush didn't reach the quarterback, the receiver still had trouble catching the ball. That didn't happen Saturday.

This week, Alabama's defense will face a unique challenge in Texas A&M. The Aggies have an excellent line anchored by two future NFL tackles. They also have two quality backs (Ben Malena and Christine Michael) and two dynamic receivers (Mike Evans and Ryan Swope). Conducting this offensive symphony is redshirt freshman quarterback Johnny Manziel, who remains on pace to break Cam Newton's SEC record for total offense in spite of the fact that he'll probably play one fewer game than Newton did in 2010. Because Texas A&M spreads the field while maintaining the ability to run, Alabama's cornerbacks will find themselves without safety help much of the time. Meanwhile, one linebacker probably will have to spy Manziel, meaning most pressure will have to come from the three down linemen and whichever additional rusher defensive coordinator Kirby Smart tries to bring. On Oct. 20, LSU held the Aggies to 19 points and 410 yards -- 149 below their season average -- but it is folly to assume that Alabama can equal or top this simply because the Tigers and Tide both have great defenses. LSU's defensive philosophy is to use lighter, faster linebackers and defensive backs. Such personnel is ideally suited to shutting down a spread offense. Alabama's philosophy is to use heavier linebackers who can completely shut down an opponent's inside running game -- which is ideal against most of the SEC offenses of recent vintage, but not necessarily against the type of attack the Aggies run. Still, because Alabama recruits better than anyone else, the Tide have the fastest large people of any school in the country, and that should allow Alabama's defense to keep up with Johnny Football. At any rate, the clash of styles should be fascinating to watch.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Regardless of what outside influences say about this game, I'm excited as hell to see Texas A&M visit Tuscaloosa for the first time ever as a member of the SEC. You know their players will be pumped up and Alabama's will as well. Our crowd should be going nuts.

bama backer

Scout Team
Sep 10, 2006
Citrus Springs, Fla
Boy oh Boy, What's it gonna be like next year when our winning streak is still going (after Nat.#15). Haters are really gonna be a Haten! :biggrin2:

Just do not turn the ball over and it will happen!
:BigA: Roll Tide Roll!

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
Heck yeah he hopes we lose. Not just this week but every week. The more he hates, the more I chuckle.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.