Former Texas Coach Darrell Royal Passes Away

PCBamafan

3rd Team
Oct 18, 1999
Panama City, Fl
Condolences to the Royal family. And thanks, Coach for all you did to help Alabama football at a crucial time. It's during that time that I was old enough to start following football and realized what a beautiful thing the Wisbone Offense was. It was especially nice as it led to 2 NCs!

God bless your family in this time of loss.

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
He is one of those that I thought might have already been dead, so it's not such a shock. But then I read his obituary and realize that royalty has died (no pun). He was the head man at Texas when Coach Byant was still at aTm! Never had a losing in season. Might be the main person that said ''Three things can happen when you pass and two of 'em are bad.'' His team won 30 straight after putting in the Wishbone in 1968. Wow!

Is he the one that coached our staff on the 'bone before the 72 season?

Before the '71 season. The year we opened up at SouCal on a Friday night. In pre game practice we showed our old offense. Not until the game began did we show the wishbone. 17-10 final and a 100 win decade had begun for the Tide.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.