CFN take on Bama vs. AM

Im_on_dsp

All-SEC
Oct 10, 2007
Canton, GA
They spend the whole article talking about how great A&M is and how overrated we are......and then they predict we win by 17??????? Whatever.:frown:

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
This game is a big measuring stick. There's a decent chance Oregon goes to the championship game, and whether or not Alabama can stop A&M's offense will be telling. It's hard to say for sure, but A&M wasn't stellar against the two strong defenses they played. Alabama has a better offense than LSU and Florida, so logically they should be able to put a lot more pressure on A&M's defense. While a lot of things didn't favor Alabama going into the LSU game, I think a lot of things favor Alabama. It's at home, A&M doesn't have the extra week to prepare, and A&M has not done well against strong defenses.

I would be more concerned if I thought A&M could replicate what LSU did. LSU game planned a bit like Alabama did in the NC game. They found an area of weakness, and they exploited it over and over. It took luck though, because they had an unreliable QB. I don't see A&M being able to, or even wanting to change their game plan to replicate what LSU did. LSU took up a lot of clock, didn't give up on the run, and then made long completions on third down. The key to all of this was LSU's not giving the Alabama offense a chance to get on the field at all. For example, Miss St. got blown out, but still ran more plays against A&M than Alabama did against LSU. Alabama's offense will have more chances against a weaker A&M defense, and Alabama still scored 21 on LSU.

This game worries me, but I feel more confident about this game than I did going into the LSU game.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
They spend the whole article talking about how great A&M is and how overrated we are......and then they predict we win by 17??????? Whatever.:frown:
I don't think that's what they were saying. I think they were voicing the concerns and talking points of the talking heads.

What Will Happen: Alabama is ripe for the picking. The overblown defense proved last week against LSU that it’s overrated, while the offense fizzled and struggle up until the final moments … whatever. Alabama had its blip with strange mistakes and too many key errors for a team that’s as physically and mentally tough as any in the country. The defensive front seven will keep Manziel in check while the offense will have a very efficient, very effective day with a good balance and more quick-hitting throws to account for the A&M pass rush. The Tide will make up for last week by looking like Alabama again.

That's the only paragraph in the entire article that says the word overrated and they cleared up what they meant when they said .... whatever.

Last edited:

jnhgiela

Suspended
May 26, 2011
Mobile, AL
Everyone seems to think Bama was exposed. What was exposed was simply AJ being way inaccurate for the first time this year (maybe a sore shoulder from the drop he took last game?). All those 3-and-outs kept the defense on the field against a great offensive gameplan. If AJ can hit his throws this game, everything will be back to normal.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
CFN's preview structure has always been: why X can win, why Y can win, what will happen. He was a little facetious in the last part for the national and regional partisans that want Bama to suck now.

Bruce014

1st Team
Aug 29, 2012
Alabama
The defensive front seven will keep Manziel in check while the offense will have a very efficient, very effective day with a good balance and more quick-hitting throws to account for the A&M pass rush. The Tide will make up for last week by looking like Alabama again.
I'm disappointed by their lack of analysis.
Usually CFN is decent.
A grade school kid could say our "defensive front seven will keep Manziel in check"

On Jay Barker's show this monring they said JF doesn't usually run on design plays.
Instead he just scrambles for yards if the pocket breaks down.
They have good WRs and a couple of hosses on the D-line, so we've got to keep him in front of us.
It sounds like he might have TJ Yeldon-type speed.

It's going to be a nerve-wracking game, but I like their score.

EscaTider

Hall of Fame
Oct 2, 2008
Flomaton, AL
This game is a big measuring stick. There's a decent chance Oregon goes to the championship game, and whether or not Alabama can stop A&M's offense will be telling. It's hard to say for sure, but A&M wasn't stellar against the two strong defenses they played. Alabama has a better offense than LSU and Florida, so logically they should be able to put a lot more pressure on A&M's defense. While a lot of things didn't favor Alabama going into the LSU game, I think a lot of things favor Alabama. It's at home, A&M doesn't have the extra week to prepare, and A&M has not done well against strong defenses.

I would be more concerned if I thought A&M could replicate what LSU did. LSU game planned a bit like Alabama did in the NC game. They found an area of weakness, and they exploited it over and over. It took luck though, because they had an unreliable QB. I don't see A&M being able to, or even wanting to change their game plan to replicate what LSU did. LSU took up a lot of clock, didn't give up on the run, and then made long completions on third down. The key to all of this was LSU's not giving the Alabama offense a chance to get on the field at all. For example, Miss St. got blown out, but still ran more plays against A&M than Alabama did against LSU. Alabama's offense will have more chances against a weaker A&M defense, and Alabama still scored 21 on LSU.

This game worries me, but I feel more confident about this game than I did going into the LSU game.
While we might be able to get a glimpse of how we might handle Oregon, I wouldn't put a whole lot of worry into it if aTm moves the ball well. Remember that we're coming off of the emotional drain of the LSU game, and have but a week to prepare for Johnny and his gang.

We'll have several weeks to heal and prepare for Oregon. Big difference.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
rather funny, is it not, that when we're beating everyone by 3 touchdowns we're overrated because we haven't beaten anyone worth beating and when we rally to win our worst performance of the season against the best team on our schedule who is our biggest current rival in the toughest place to play in the country and we're overrated because we didn't win by 3 touchdowns.

WHATEVER!

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Remember what CNS said in his post game presser??? He said we played "our worst game of the year" (paraphrased)

We turned the ball over twice (once right after we went on a 90 yard drive and the other on the LSU's seven yl with TJ having a clear path to the endzone)
Was 1-9 on 3rd downs
Only had the ball 20 minutes
D was on the field 40 minutes
AJ was "off" for the first time all year

We play up to our normal standard and, the quality opponent notwithstanding, we would have won the LSU game comfortably.

I think it will be a tough game against A&M because of the mental and physical fatigue, but what are the odds we have another game like LSU the rest of the year???

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Come on Alasippi, did you really think the writer of that article was calling us overrated?
Red...I honestly do because he was referring to the large amount of yardage we gave up Saturday night which we hadn't done all year. It's a possibilty that he was being sarcastic but normally a writer will clarify that with a "being facetious of course" or the like.
Maybe I'm wrong but I honestly think he was being serious.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
Everyone seems to think Bama was exposed. What was exposed was simply AJ being way inaccurate for the first time this year (maybe a sore shoulder from the drop he took last game?). All those 3-and-outs kept the defense on the field against a great offensive gameplan. If AJ can hit his throws this game, everything will be back to normal.
We need to put together 2-3 6-8 minute drives in the first half and we will be just fine. Folks, that close call last Sat. night is going to help a lot more than a blowout would.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
Red...I honestly do because he was referring to the large amount of yardage we gave up Saturday night which we hadn't done all year. It's a possibilty that he was being sarcastic but normally a writer will clarify that with a "being facetious of course" or the like.
Maybe I'm wrong but I honestly think he was being serious.

Did you read the entire article, even the What Will Happen paragraph?

He makes an outlandish statement about us being exposed against LSU and being overrated, and follows it up with ....whatever. He then proceeds to explain why we aren't overrated and that last week was an aberration. Then he picks up to blow A&M out.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.